Why does RR-Brd don't work

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SunTsu

Why does RR-Brd don't work

Post by SunTsu »

I have a problem with my RR-Bgds. It is T19 now. I have recacptured some railhexes but they aren't repaired by the RR-Bgds. Around theses hexes within the six hexes distance are four armies with one RR-Bgd each. But they don't start working.

The HQ are within the six hexes distance to railroad.
There are not three units in these hexes.
Two of the armies are standing on the damaged hexes (as shown on pictures).
Two other armies (not to bee seen on the pictures) are standing on not damaged hexes.
The TOE of the RR-Bgd linked to these four armies is 95% or higher.
It is mud season (T19)

I am wondering why they don't start working. Does anyone has an answer?

Attachments
Bahn1.jpg
Bahn1.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 54 times
SunTsu

RE: Why does RR-Brd don't work

Post by SunTsu »

Here is a second picture with the railroads

Attachments
Bahn2.jpg
Bahn2.jpg (57.33 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

For best results, assign those RR brigades to either Fronts or STAVKA. They have a much wider range of action. The repair deployment logic is much sketchier at the army level. (The deployment logic in general is weird as it is and hardly ever seems to repair what you actually want to repair.)
WitE Alpha Tester
SunTsu

Post by SunTsu »

Thank you for the hint! So I will reassign them. Does this mean that it might depend on leader levels if the RR-Bgd start working?
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

ORIGINAL: SunTsu

Thank you for the hint! So I will reassign them. Does this mean that it might depend on leader levels if the RR-Bgd start working?

To be completely frank: I have no idea. What's going on under the hood here in terms of how the AI determines when and where to deploy repair assets is a mystery to me. This is something only a person who knows the code can answer. (Hi, Domenick.)

I can only tell you what I have seen happen on a purely pragmatic basis here. Which is that repair assets assigned to higher level HQs do more repair.

So leadership may or may not matter.
WitE Alpha Tester
SunTsu

Post by SunTsu »

Thanks again :) I am not sure if the fronts of the armies have RR-units. I have assigned so to some fronts but not to all yet. I need to check out when I've got the turn from my opponent.
SunTsu

Post by SunTsu »

I have checked if there was a front with RR-Bgds close to the area with the damaged hexes. There was a front with 2 Bgd not too far from these hexes. This makes the miracle more mysteriously... How is it possible to plan an offensive if you are not sure if the rail will be repaired? [X(][:@]
morvael

Post by morvael »

When you start real offensives in 1943 you have NKPS on hand and then you can repair those rail you want.

For now - maybe those hexes are too close to Axis unit? There is such limit in 1941:
Prior to December 1941, Soviet rail repair units will not automatically move to rebuild damaged rail lines that are within 5 hexes of an enemy unit.
SunTsu

Post by SunTsu »

@ Moravel:

[&o][&o][&o]
;)

Return to “The War Room”