New Update for World in Flames!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Philkian

New Update for World in Flames!

Post by Philkian »

As part of our ongoing commitment to the World in Flames community, a new update for World in Flames is available and it will make your wargaming experience even better!

The v1.0.5 Update fixes a serious issue with restoring saved games that were made during the DOW sub-phase Setting Up Reserve Units, a problem with Breaking Down units where some divisions were shown as possible choices even though their combat factors were too high and fixes a critical issue with Production when using Unlimited Breakdown and there were units in the Breakdown Pool that had to be reformed.
The update also modifies the range for a naval unit that starts its move in a port so the range does not exceed its movement points, adds another check for available oil before creating the Use Oil form, modifies the Production Planning form and adds a PDF and JPG files for the 2D10 Land Combat Results Table to the Manuals folder for MWIF.

Check below the full change list:

v1.0.5 – December 9, 2013

Bug Fixes

• Added more information to the error message when the program is unable to access the Seeking Opponent database. This helps identify the underlying problem.
• Fixed a problem in the reinforcement phase where if a carrier air unit were loaded onto a carrier and then repositioned elsewhere, it was not removed from the first carrier and ended up appearing in multiple locations.
• Added code to restrict the placement of new factories on the map to home countries.
• Removed conditional clauses that may have left a flag mistakenly set so the message “Please wait, updating Units in Hex panel.” would appear and never go away. This problem effectively halted play.
• Fixed a fatal problem with Production when using Unlimited Breakdown and there were units in the Breakdown Pool that had to be reformed. The program does not permit a corps/army unit to remain in the Breakdown Pool if there are divisions in that pool which can be used to reform the corps/army.
• Fixed a typo in the code that was causing a fatal error when using 3 monitors.
• Modified the code so if a player picks up land units during the land movement phase (or advance after combat sub-phase) and then places the units back in their starting hex, the effect is the same as if he had pressed the ESC key, canceling the move. Previously, out of supply units were being disorganized under these conditions, which wasn’t correct.
• Modified the range for a naval unit that starts its move in a port so the range does not exceed its movement points. This change prevents the unit from moving farther than it should. There are two conditions which reduce a naval unit’s movement points: (1) if it starts out of supply and (2) if it starts stacked with other naval units controlled by a different major power. Under those circumstances, the unit may have fewer movement points than its range.
• Fixed a problem with Breaking Down units where some divisions were shown as possible choices even though their combat factors were too high. For example, a 2-4 infantry division was shown as possible for a 4-3 infantry corps. In that case the second division would have had to have had zero combat factors. This error could cause a lot of trouble later, such as a German division appearing when a USSR corps was broken down.
• Fixed a fatal problem with restoring saved games that were made during the DOW sub-phase Setting Up Reserve Units.
• Added another check for available oil before creating the Use Oil form. When no oil was available, it was possible that a non-fatal error would occur.
• Added code to replace a non-fatal error with a warning message when the AutoSave folder is changed to an illegal name. The program reverts to the default AutoSave folder and the warning message gives an example of the correct format if the player still wants to change it.
• Added a check to avoid a rare fatal error when shutting down the game.
• Added yet another check to avoid a fatal error when terminating a game.
• Modified a check for air units when counting the number of pilots that should be placed in the reserve pool after setting up a major power. Previously this had been generating a fatal error in some rare cases.
• Added another check to avoid a fatal error when creating a new game from within an existing game.

Cosmetic

• Changed the Production planning form to help clarify the oil needed to reorganize units. The summary panel’s “To Reorg. Units” entry now shows two numbers separated by a slash. The first does not include any units at sea that can stay at sea. That means if the unit has to return to base it is included in the sum (assuming it is disorganized). The second includes all units (including those currently with sentry status). Sentry status is not something that is shown to the other player in a NetPlay game; it’s a very small Fog of War item. But that's why the second number includes all units at sea.
• Added a PDF and JPG files for the 2D10 Land Combat Results Table to the Manuals folder for MWIF. Also included are 3 PDFs of the cover art for the manuals. These are provided in case someone wants to print them out.

To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or on the game’s download page.

Get more information on World in Flames from its official product page.
Sabre21

RE: New Update for World in Flames!

Post by Sabre21 »

Hasn't this been the current update? I've had 1.05 now for a while. My game shows it is currently updated.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

Yes - this doesnt appear to be a new update ?
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

I'm not sure about the flow of information around matrix/Slitherene ?
Tony
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I think the commercial guy is too late, as usual... [:D]
Peter
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

This is the announcement for the rest of the world. I know the update was posted here last week, but it was not officially announced outside this forum. Whenever the official announcement happens, the temporary post is replaced with the official announcement as happened here.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
kjgokc2007

Post by kjgokc2007 »

Me and my brother just bought this game in hopes to play on the Internet.

However using V1.0.5 we keep getting the "• error message when the program is unable to access the Seeking Opponent database."

We can see other opponets logged into the FORM for game play but we can't see each other...

I can recive and send messages but I'm am just what appears to be and IP address (a number no name)

When can we get access to play online?

Please help [&o]
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: kjgokc

Me and my brother just bought this game in hopes to play on the Internet.

However using V1.0.5 we keep getting the "• error message when the program is unable to access the Seeking Opponent database."

We can see other opponets logged into the FORM for game play but we can't see each other...

I can recive and send messages but I'm am just what appears to be and IP address (a number no name)

When can we get access to play online?

Please help [&o]
For your information: you should post requests like this in the Tech Forum which is where readers expect to find them.

---

I'm not sure what error message you are getting.[&:] If you could post a screenshot of the error message, that would help us figure out what is going wrong.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It was also posted under Tech Support - netplay issues, and at first sight appears to be the "new versus old Slitherine username/password versus what's in NetPlayReg.txt" problem.

Others advised the OP of this in that thread.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Version 1.0.6.0 is now available. Click on Check for Update on the opening screen to have your version updated.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “World in Flames”