Moving in ZOC mean disorg?

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

76mm

Moving in ZOC mean disorg?

Post by 76mm »

I'm on my second run-through of the Barbarossa scenario, and as far as I can tell if I move my units in the ZOC of an enemy unit, my unit becomes disorganized. But I can't seem to find anything about that in the RAC. Do they become disorg b/c of ZOC or movement points (I'm not getting the pop-up text I usually get if they would become disorg for moving too far).

Just to clarify what I'm talking about: if my unit is adjacent to an enemy unit and moves to another hex which is also adjacent to that same unit, my unit becomes disorganized.
Centuur

RE: Moving in ZOC mean disorg?

Post by Centuur »

This can happen due to:

1. The unit is Out of Supply before it moves
2. The unit needs more MP's to enter the other hex (swamp hex or bad weather)?

You don't get disorganised only by moving through enemy ZOC's...

Screenshot with a Fly Out of the hex your units are in before movement can help here...
Peter
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Centuur
This can happen due to:

Thanks; I need to pay more attention to supply, that is for sure. But in case of #2, above, wouldn't I get the pop-up text over the hex warning that the unit will become disrupted? Not getting that in this instance.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

ORIGINAL: Centuur
This can happen due to:

Thanks; I need to pay more attention to supply, that is for sure. But in case of #2, above, wouldn't I get the pop-up text over the hex warning that the unit will become disrupted? Not getting that in this instance.

Strange. You should see the icon with DSRP in it when you try to move the unit to such a hex...
Peter
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I see the DSRP letters often when trying to move in bad weather, etc., but my units often end up disrupted after moving without this warning appearing. Maybe it is because of supply, so I will pay more attention in the next couple of impulses to see.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I see the DSRP letters often when trying to move in bad weather, etc., but my units often end up disrupted after moving without this warning appearing. Maybe it is because of supply, so I will pay more attention in the next couple of impulses to see.

Yea I'll watch more closely too as I can swear times when the DSRP doesn't appear for a move.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

Yea I'll watch more closely too as I can swear times when the DSRP doesn't appear for a move.

You saw well.

The DSRP appears when you have more tan enough for the previous movements and too few for the next one. Example: You have a Mech with a 5 movement factor, there is rain so every hex costs 2, you move 2 hexes and the cost is 4, then you have DSRP symbol indicating you can move one more hex, since you still have 1 movement point left, but that it's not enough to fulfill the land cost requirements (in rain) which is 2 more totalling 6 > 5.

With a motorized of movement factor = 4 you'd move 2 hexes and spend 4 points, so you cannot move anymore, because you don't have any point left. Then you don't get the DSRP symbol.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio
With a motorized of movement factor = 4 you'd move 2 hexes and spend 4 points, so you cannot move anymore, because you don't have any point left. Then you don't get the DSRP symbol.

But would the unit become disorganized in this instance?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

No, it would not have exceeded its movement allowance, so as long as it did not start the move out of supply it should not get disorganized.
Paul
76mm

Post by 76mm »

That's what I thought; I am still figuring out all of the dots but suspect that the units that got "disorged" were out of supply.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

But would the unit become disorganized in this instance?

No, because for getting disorganized because of moving too far it can only be if it has more than enough movements point left in the previous hex and not enough to fulfill the points you need to complete what you need for the next one.

The 4 factors unit wouldn't be able to move anymore because it spent all it's point and there is no one left.
The 5 factors, however, could move because it spent only 4 but there is 1 left, this let's the unit keep on moving but if you decide to do so, since you lack the 6th point you'd need for the 3rd hex, you'd get disorganized.

So, the 4 factors wouldn't have the option to advance to the 3rd hex (and be disorganized) because it simply cannot move to the 3rd hex at all, it spent it's movement previously.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

repeated
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

That's what I thought; I am still figuring out all of the dots but suspect that the units that got "disorged" were out of supply.
The Players Manual refers to the 'dots' as status indicators. The drop down Help menu has a menu item for bringing up the page explaining the status indicators. The most important ones are the three across the top.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “WIF School”