No TN or NC brigades in April GC??

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Gunnulf

No TN or NC brigades in April GC??

Post by Gunnulf »

Ok, colour me confused. In the April GC I am yet to see buildable Tennessee brigades or North Carolina brigades up to Sept 61 in a quick test with the new patch, and never saw them as an option up to end of 63 in the first patch.

In the July61 GC start they are buildable right from the start. One or the other is wrong and I suspect it is the April GC but it can't just be me.

Emeperors new clothes? Why is nobody else seeing/talking about this? Am I losing the plot (more than usual...). Something to do with these States declaring for the CSA later than the others event broken?
"Stay low, move fast"
Q-Ball

RE: No TN or NC brigades in April GC??

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: Gunnulf

Ok, colour me confused. In the April GC I am yet to see buildable Tennessee brigades or North Carolina brigades up to Sept 61 in a quick test with the new patch, and never saw them as an option up to end of 63 in the first patch.

In the July61 GC start they are buildable right from the start. One or the other is wrong and I suspect it is the April GC but it can't just be me.

Emeperors new clothes? Why is nobody else seeing/talking about this? Am I losing the plot (more than usual...). Something to do with these States declaring for the CSA later than the others event broken?

Someone else pointed that out earlier, it has to be an oversight. I can see a delay for both as they were the last states to seceed.

It probably wasn't fixed because it doesn't have a huge impact on gameplay, as there are choices from VA or MS or AL that are identical units, basically; they just have to be railed up.
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

It does limit the force pool options though; especially for TN there are some useful bdes to be built. Sure the CSA manpower is going to be more limited for this patch but the last version it was very possible to start running out of decent brigades without 2 of 11 key states forces being available. Seems like if it is a bug it ought to be high on the list to be fixed as certainly not working as it should be it seems.
"Stay low, move fast"
Davekhps

Post by Davekhps »

Related, and something I've complained about before: there are no Massachusetts units other than volunteers. All other states, you can recruit brigades, but NOT in Massachusetts. Is this WAD?
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

They both show up in early June. If they don’t in your game try reloading it.

The problem is that they are at the tail end of the list. Use the infantry filter and the SE filter for TN and the same with the DS filter for NC. They are there to be built.
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

Aha, seen. Yes they are hidden right at the back of the list. A second bunch of infantry after you scroll through the ships. Bit bizarre interface design choice. Be more useful if they grouped together but guess can live with that. Many thanks Choctaw, I can climb back into my box happy.
"Stay low, move fast"
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: Davekhps

Related, and something I've complained about before: there are no Massachusetts units other than volunteers. All other states, you can recruit brigades, but NOT in Massachusetts. Is this WAD?

Actually, if you build CT brigades they will fill with Regiments from all New England states. I think it's an abstraction to keep the unit list down, and that works for me. Otherwise, you would have "RI", "NH", "VT, etc, and that would be alot of units to scroll through.
Davekhps

Post by Davekhps »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

ORIGINAL: Davekhps

Actually, if you build CT brigades they will fill with Regiments from all New England states. I think it's an abstraction to keep the unit list down, and that works for me. Otherwise, you would have "RI", "NH", "VT, etc, and that would be alot of units to scroll through.

Well, you *do* have RI, NH, VT, ME regular brigades as options to build... but only Volunteers for Mass, the only Union state to NOT have regular brigades as a build option.

Again, may be WAD... but it's different.

Return to “Civil War II”