"Real Time" Carrier Battles?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Marshal Villars

"Real Time" Carrier Battles?

Post by Marshal Villars »

Does anyone around here know of a "Real Time" carrier battle game?

I want to do the battle of the Soloman Islands -- or Midway -- on a "real time" basis (with different speeds selectable)... kind of like the Command Ops system -- or Harpoon. But for WW2 naval battles.
Rocko911

RE: "Real Time" Carrier Battles?

Post by Rocko911 »

Marshal Villars, the only games I can think will hit what you want is at HPS Simulations and its John Tillers Naval Campaigns (Midway) and (Guadacanal). http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/NavCamp/Midway/midway.html
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

I remeber somebody was trying to do an updated " Carrier Battles "? from SSI.

That I would pay good money to play.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
GJK

Post by GJK »

Highly recommend Tiller's "Midway". It's the best carrier battle game on the computer that I've played (doesn't beat Victory Games' "Carrier", but that's a boardgame). There will be sometimes long periods of inactivity but you can adjust the time compression. I like to keep it at real time and just let it play it. It may appear a bit daunting at first - controlling the types of planes and armaments and then assigning them on missions using a compass, but it's really simple to play once you've played a scenario or two.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

There arent many good naval battle sims out there, I have been trying to improve Pacific Storm: Allies for years and it has it limits. If you want realism, then dont bother with Battlestation Midway/Pacific. But there one isnt that bad, but old and need DOSBOX to run it and its called "Great Naval Battles III - Fury in the Pacific". I bought Carriers at War from Matrix and didnt like it.

Your best bet would be Great Naval Battle Series! Here link to google image on Great Naval Battles...
https://www.google.com/search?q=great+n ... 5#imgdii=_

You may have to do some research on what you are looking for.

Return to “General Discussion”