I hate the login process

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

geozero

I hate the login process

Post by geozero »

UGH. Sometimes I forget the password or enter it incorrect or worse the generated text thingy is impossible to read... if I ask for password to be reset I NEVER EVER get an email. Finally after about 5 or more tries I get it right.... ugh. That's one reason why I do not frequent the forums as much as I used to... too much work just to get in.
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
Challerain

RE: I hate the login process

Post by Challerain »

Just click the remember me button (or maybe it is save as a cookie or something like that) and it will keep you logged in.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Just click the remember me button (or maybe it is save as a cookie or something like that) and it will keep you logged in.

That sometimes fail. I am like geozero, that extra couple minutes to sign in plunges me into depression and rage.[:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Yeah, remember me doesn't always work.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

if you don't receive an email it is likely your email address is old or out of date. If that is not the case contact support. You forget how long some of you have been here and email addresses have changed since you joined!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Alright Iain quit trying to whitewash the subject matter with excuses. I've had it just not even remember who I am even when I use the remember me feature. I just come here and have to relogged sometimes. Fortunately I have my online hams and passwords saved in a list so I just scroll down and find you guys but it is a pain when your website is suppose to remember us with that damn cookie crap you use and it doesn't.
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

ORIGINAL: parusski

ORIGINAL: Challerain

That sometimes fail. I am like geozero, that extra couple minutes to sign in plunges me into depression and rage.[:D]

Interesting. I can't remember the last time I had to log in. Lucky I guess [:)]
geozero

Post by geozero »

Iain, my email is not old or out of date. It's my own server email. It doesn't go out of date. I do not save cookies on my PC. Just not a good idea.
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys

if you don't receive an email it is likely your email address is old or out of date. If that is not the case contact support. You forget how long some of you have been here and email addresses have changed since you joined!
Kineas

Post by Kineas »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Alright Iain quit trying to whitewash the subject matter with excuses. I've had it just not even remember who I am even when I use the remember me feature. I just come here and have to relogged sometimes. Fortunately I have my online hams and passwords saved in a list so I just scroll down and find you guys but it is a pain when your website is suppose to remember us with that damn cookie crap you use and it doesn't.

- if you change your browser
- if you login from another machine (or another user from the same machine)
- if you delete the cookies
- if some antivirus software deletes your cookies
- if some firewall blocks your cookies
- if you set expire time on your cookies ('keep them maximum 2 weeks')

then you have to login again. It's not incompetence on Matrix part, the problem is most likely on your end.

Challerain

Post by Challerain »

ORIGINAL: geozero

Iain, my email is not old or out of date. It's my own server email. It doesn't go out of date. I do not save cookies on my PC. Just not a good idea.
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys

So you are given the ability for it to remember you and you choose not to you use. How is that Matrix's fault?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You wouldn't believe the number of accounts on her with out of date email addresses. Cookies do seem to be an issue with some browser/os configurations so please report them to support as this is the only way the dev team get to know about it. In support you start with the simple solutions first as they are usually the cause and work up. If you don't receive mail you need to report it to support as the developers don't browse forums looking for bugs. They deal with issues that get passed to the from support. I'm sure you understand why - nothing would get done.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

The wonky forums on here are a great sense of amusement for me, I have never known such a malfunctioning setup, not in a bad way, well it is bad but it just makes me laugh as I tend to picture your servers with a long belt and a donkey attached with a carrot on a stick on his head to give them power, beside the wooden box that is your server is an even bigger box of valves [:)]

I visit three forums on here, it never remembers what threads I have clicked on and read, I can click on them and they go from bold to normal, check back and they have gone back to bold so it looks like a new post and it it isn't, getting asked to log in for the third time in a month when I visit on and off all night and most of the day are the two main ones, I have been on forums since BB went the way of the dodo and the forums on here are the only ones I have seen behave in such a manner. Personally I think you need to have a team talk with your monkey ninjas and find out why this only happens on here.

Darkspire
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

This wouldn't even be a problem if they'd only go with Steam... I mean really, join the 21st century, guys. What'sa'matta wif you?

Sorry, couldn't resist. [:)]
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
geozero

Post by geozero »

I have some site cookies turned on, but the CAPTCHA method is really awful. And there are many other better ways around that. I do not have cookies turned on for Matrix because my server sees it as an issue. If I do forget the login I have to look it up (bad me), but if the keying was just an incorrect CAPTCHA then it is outright annoying. If I finally give up and request a password reset I NEVER get an email. That's not my issue, that's something on Matrix site. Someone needs to test that and see if there is a fix. I am trying to bring up an issue and it looks like I am not the only one. I have PM's many here just to be indicated that there PM is full so my message goes nowhere. Anyway... HEY LOOK I got on now. okay... now to see what's new. [;)]
Rocko911

Post by Rocko911 »

Boomer78, if they go STEAM only I am done buying any games from them and trust me I have 3 shelves of them. STEAM has terrible customer support , Matrix has great customer support.   STEAM has an intrusive DRM, Matrix Doesn't.   Lets get the facts straight STEAM will not support products they sell nor fix them. They will not help customers on games they sell as Windows 7 capable when in fact they aren't.   Matrix will back up what they say and bend over backwards for the customer. So I can safely say that many of us good customer who have bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars of Matrix sold products will not buy anymore if they go STEAM only on buying their games. [;)]
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Just make your password easy to remember mine is 123456789[:D]
geozero

Post by geozero »

ORIGINAL: LRRP

Boomer78, if they go STEAM only I am done buying any games from them and trust me I have 3 shelves of them. STEAM has terrible customer support , Matrix has great customer support.   STEAM has an intrusive DRM, Matrix Doesn't.   Lets get the facts straight STEAM will not support products they sell nor fix them. They will not help customers on games they sell as Windows 7 capable when in fact they aren't.   Matrix will back up what they say and bend over backwards for the customer. So I can safely say that many of us good customer who have bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars of Matrix sold products will not buy anymore if they go STEAM only on buying their games. [;)]

STEAM is simply a portal to sell games, a virtual store if your will. Gamersgate is similar. These allow you to easily re-install the game on a new computer and keeps your serial number private under your account.

STEAM is like a store that you into. If you bought the game at Best Buy or Fry's the store is not going to help you either, you go to the game's developer. Buying from STEAM should not interfere with getting support and updates
directly from the developer/publisher of the game. Once the game is installed you can easily turn off STEAM on your PC. There's nothing obtrusive about it.
mrensing

Post by mrensing »

+1. The sole reason I have so few posts and don't often contribute here is the absurd login process. It took me almost 15 min to log in to post this, but I thought it worth the effort to collaborate the topic.
Further, after the issues of getting logged into the site, I then spend an additional 15 min. trying to log into the 'members section' which, for no determinable reason, is a completely separate login.
It seems to be a theme with both website and games that Matrix is very much a non-cutting edge indy group that just can't seem to get firing on all cylinders compared to their competition. But they do seem to be a friendly lot and I am hoping that they really take off one day and do great things. In the meantime, I will enjoy my steam games....sorry, Boomer, couldn't resist ;)
mrensing

Post by mrensing »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

That sounds like a combination some idiot would have on their luggage.....[:D]
geozero

Post by geozero »

ORIGINAL: CG_Gamer

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

That sounds like a combination some idiot would have on their luggage.....[:D]

You cannot lock your luggage anymore. Not since 9/11....

The password is only part of the issue. The CAPTCHA is the other annoying part.

Return to “General Discussion”