Naval Units handling (Union)

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

TulliusDetritus

Naval Units handling (Union)

Post by TulliusDetritus »

We are about to start a new game under 1.02 so I would like to know once for all what I should be doing with my Union naval units. Any tips?

Engaging, intercepting enemy units? Where should I hunt them? Where are they in the first place?

Brown waters blockade? What water regions (ports) are more important to block?

Thanks in advance [:)]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Ol Choctaw

RE: Naval Units handling (Union)

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Add more transports to the Shipping lanes.

Beef up the Gulf blockade squadron.

Out side of that a few brown water blockades don’t hurt but mostly you want to use them for amphibious operations. Charleston and New Orleans are the priorities but you mostly need to take forts before you can get in.

Strong river fleets for going after Memphis and cutting off the rest of Tennessee.

If you use a naval strategy you only need to pin your enemy in Virginia and cut the rest of him apart else where.

Taking the forts at the mouth of harbors is blockade enough in most places. Ports without forts are usually not worth the bother.
Jim D Burns

RE: Naval Units handling (Union)

Post by Jim D Burns »

To deny your opponent naval access, do naval sweeps. Set your fleet in attack posture and move it out several regions and then back to port (hold shift key and drop stack on region of origin), or you can move it between two different ports for longer sweeps. Make sure your entire move leaves about 5 days for rest so your fleet recovers lost cohesion from the move. That way you can patrol the stretch of river or sea zones every turn to deny access to your opponent’s navy.

Jim

Return to “Civil War II”