Advice

Commander – Napoleon at War is the second in a series of high level turn based strategy games. It spans the Napoleonic Wars from 1805 to 1815, allowing players to control France or the Coalitions against it through the entire period or in shorter scenarios. Easy to learn, with fun and addictive gameplay, this is a Napoleonic wargame in the style of the old "Panzer General".
prince_blucher

Advice

Post by prince_blucher »

I'm interested in all Napoleonic war games but I've not played any hex type Napoleonic games--just Paradox and Total War stuff and the old Cossacks stuff. I purchased Commander The Great War and am trying to learn it with a view to buying either Napoleon at War or maybe Crown of Glory! Can anyone offer advice about these two games...not much AARs or lets plays on you tube so its difficult to assess the games.
Thanks
kirk23

RE: Advice

Post by kirk23 »

Well since you already play Commander The Great War, may I suggest you get Commander Napoleon At War, as game play is very similar if not identical. Plus Commander The Great War will have a new patch out before xmas, and this game will also be getting updated. Don't get me wrong Crown of Glory is a good game also, and covers the Napoleonic era in much greater detail, which makes it harder to play, I guess it all comes down to how you personally prefer your games, easy to play but hard to master, like the Commander series, or games that go into much greater historical detail.[;)]
Make it so!
Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Yep, both games are good, but COMPLETELY different experiences.

C:NaW is much more abstract and much more focused on the military aspects. There isn't much more to do every turn other than move your troops around and launch attacks. There is some production/research but it's pretty basic.

CoG:EE is more of a period simulator. It's very detailed in almost all aspects...economy, politics, combat, upgrades etc. That makes it a much longer and complex game.

Both are good but I find I can just fire up a game of C:NaW a lot easier than I can with CoG.
prince_blucher

Post by prince_blucher »

Thanks for replies kirk23 and uncle_joe appreciate your comments. I think I'll give Commander Napoleon at War a try first since I have recently purchased CtGW. Maybe after playing C:NaW I'll move on to CoG:EE. FWIT I played--or at least tried to play AGEOD's Birth of America: Wars in America but I really couldn't get on with it at all..I hated the music, interface, battle resolution, complexity of supply, graphics etc. everything about it except the history and period. I'll see how I go but I might also give Panzer Corps a try as seen some you tube lets plays on that and I'm a fan of Paradox's Darkest Hour HOI2 game.

Can you point me to any AARs, lets plays, walk-throughs for C:NaW or CoG:EE?

Thanks
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

COG EE comes with 10 video tutorials I think, I have the game but its been ages since I played.

You tube video COG EE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakGUUyNVa8

You Tube Video Commander Napoleon at War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakGUUyNVa8
Make it so!
prince_blucher

Post by prince_blucher »

Yeah thank you kirk23 I seen those....boy she's annoying LOL!

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War”