Anybody out there? - Japan looking for a fight

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

ndworl

Anybody out there? - Japan looking for a fight

Post by ndworl »

I've stumbled upon this game in the last couple of months and, after 30 years of wargaming, 20 years of that on the computer, am astonished by how much I am enjoying it. Trouble is, no one seems to be playing this one any more. I have got AE, but to be frank, although I acknowledge (and admire) the detail and sophistication of the engine, it's too much into the micromanaging for my taste. Humans being fallible and we all having real life to contend with, the player who takes the most pains will win, which is not my ideal idea of a game.

I'm looking for a scenario 15 campaign with someone who wants to play the Allies. HR to be discussed, but I have a bias towards fewer rather than more.

I know this is a big commitment and reading the AARs obviously there's reasonable rounds why an Allied player wants to know the Japanese guy is going to be around to take his medicine. As I say, I have played a lot of war games. I am a member of on-line clubs, one for more than 10 years and am happy to provide references. I am presently in a PBEM, which is at 4/42. I am confident I can turn around an average of 1 turn per day.
ndworl

RE: Anybody out there? - Japan looking for a fight

Post by ndworl »

So there's no one out there?
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Just what I went through and that pushed me into the waiting arms of AE.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

There's probably a small amount of us here but maybe others have the same problem as me, not enough time.
I'm deep in a game as Japan right now (March -43) and I just can't start another one. I would love to be Allied as I'm starting to take a beating and the future doesn't look too bright [:D]

I was tempted but realized that my wife would be a much more dangerous opponent than you could ever be so I resisted.

I'm sorry
BPRE
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

It's not too late Tocaff, for you to come back to the light! BPRE, no worries. Maybe we can talk in a couple of years.
cyqq

Post by cyqq »

Hi: pm sent
Raver508

Post by Raver508 »

If you're still interested let me know - I'll give you a game. email is jraven@orcon.net.nz
wga8888

Post by wga8888 »

well I am out here but already playing two campaign games. one is about 6 turns a month (now in 1-apr-42), the other is about 8-16 turns a week (now in 18-Jul-42). In addition, I play a number of boardgames in pbem ladders/tournaments. As much as I would like to play another game, I would really like to see a game make it into mid 1943 where my allies can fight something other than defense. In reality, the commitment of time exceeds what I have available.

The player pool is limited, the size of the obligation of game play is large, many moved to AE, player attrition (real life issues, etc), and commitment is a real issue for a multi-year timeframe for a game. I always found playing AE pointless as there is no social interaction, AE does not adapt.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

It's sad when a JFB has problems finding an opponent.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

Don't know if I'd call myself a JFB. I haven't played enough to have established a preference. Other games, I've been happy enough to play either side. I started playing as Japan in answer to a game wanted note, from someone called Tocaff.
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

Actually I should say I have a game. (The low response rate seemed to make the notice irrelevant.)

Return to “Opponents wanted”