Adding weapon records to magazines is slow

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Have

Adding weapon records to magazines is slow

Post by Have »

Adding weapon records to magazines in AFBs seems to be a linear complexity operation, which means that the more data there is already in magazines the longer it takes to add a new weapon record there. Even the UI scrollbar in the magazine dialog fluctuates during the weapon record add operation which to me indicates that there is some kind of looping operation being done every time. This could use some optimization so that it is not so slow.

Currently in my case it takes something like 5 seconds to add a single weapon record to Andersen AFB magazines now when i have added quite a lot of weapons there.

Build is 469.

Have

RE: Adding weapon records to magazines is slow

Post by Have »

Also the whole "Add Weapon Record" system could use a total redesign. I don't quite see what is the point of you having in database multiple records of the same weapon with the only difference being quantity of weapons per record. For example there is nine different records just for the GBU-38(V)1/B JDAM weapon.

Only one record should be enough per weapon. Just add to the "Add Weapon Record" UI some kind of quantity selector with typical default values. There should also be a textfield where the player can write directly the desired number so that it is possible to add for example 481 units of a single weapon with one input.
Dimitris

RE: Adding weapon records to magazines is slow

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Have

Adding weapon records to magazines in AFBs seems to be a linear complexity operation, which means that the more data there is already in magazines the longer it takes to add a new weapon record there. Even the UI scrollbar in the magazine dialog fluctuates during the weapon record add operation which to me indicates that there is some kind of looping operation being done every time. This could use some optimization so that it is not so slow.

Currently in my case it takes something like 5 seconds to add a single weapon record to Andersen AFB magazines now when i have added quite a lot of weapons there.

Build is 469.

It's not the addition itself that is slow, it's probably the display of all the different entries.

Can you please post the scen? Thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”