Bugs and more bugs

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Klydon

Bugs and more bugs

Post by Klydon »

Sorry Steve, I use a web based email (yahoo) and it doesn't play nice with the "send the bug report". None of these came up as bugs anyway.

Started global campaign. All options picked except food for CW, D20, and oil.

Issue 1

I have been keeping most pilots in reserve, especially for countries not at war like the US. Put all US aircraft in reserve. The pilot pool showed up as 23 pilots in Sep/Oct 39

Issue 2

Game freeze during trade deals screen. In Sep/Oct I did a temp trade deal to send 2 resources to France. In Nov/Dec, I attempted to modify the deal in the CW screen and got a game freeze. No buttons worked in game, could not move screens, etc and did not see any screens "hiding". According to task manager, the game was waiting on me to make a decision.

brian brian

RE: Bugs and more bugs

Post by brian brian »

one thing that looks to be a bug perhaps, is that on the Sep/Oct 39 turn, France nor the CW should not be able to make a trade agreement. Japan and China would be the only 2 Active Major Powers during the Lending Resources phase on the first turn, and only Active Major Powers can lend resources, with the exception of some US Entry Options. I'm not sure when all a player has access to the screen that controls lending, but it should only be possible once at the start of each turn.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

At the start of the S/O 1939 turn, the sequence of play starts after the trade agreements phase. So you shouldn't be able to make any trade agreement (other than the mandatory ones at start of the scenario). I can't make any trade agreements in solitair play.
So how did you do this? Is this netplay or solitair? I think we need more information for this...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I thought maybe CTRL-T, but tried it and that form is informational, only.
Paul
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

My bad. It is at the start of the Nov/Dec turn when the trade agreement was made between the CW and France for 2 resources. I attempted to modify it at the start of the Jan/Feb 40 turn and had to close the game via task manager.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Can you send or post a zip of the saved game, please?
Paul
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

Here you go. Bonus bug of when a game was restored to the German production screen, there was no screen and the advance button was greyed out. I checked around for the production screen (sometimes screens will hide) but I didn't see it anywhere unfortunately.
Attachments
Bugs.zip
(4.7 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: Klydon

Here you go. Bonus bug of when a game was restored to the German production screen, there was no screen and the advance button was greyed out. I checked around for the production screen (sometimes screens will hide) but I didn't see it anywhere unfortunately.

I have the same problem. I reported this earlier with a savegame too. By the way, this didn't occur with the earlier versions, only since I updated to 1.05.

I added in my savegame that goes along with this same missing production screen issue. Load the savegame and note that the German production screen does not come up. I cannot find any keyboard command that will bring this one up like Cntrl-P that brings up the resource screen.

EDIT" I put the wrong save game as an attachment, see post further down for the correct savegame.

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Sabre21
I have the same problem. I reported this earlier with a savegame too. By the way, this didn't occur with the earlier versions, only since I updated to 1.05.

I added in my savegame that goes along with this same missing production screen issue. Load the savegame and note that the German production screen does not come up. I cannot find any keyboard command that will bring this one up like Cntrl-P that brings up the resource screen.
I loaded this save and the title bar at the top says "Preliminary Production Planning". The end phase is greyed out but if you choose "Close" on each successive production plan, you will get to the Return to Base phase.

So it looks to me this is the place in the game where you'd - if needed - make adjustments to your production plan due to torpedoed convoys, lost factories or resources, etc.

It's a little non-intuitive that you have to keep hitting the "Close" button, but you can progress the game.
Paul
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

I was not playing with the oil rules, so not sure if that is an issue or not. I note the same issue as Sabre in that the "load saved game during the production segment, but no production screen" is only since the 1.05 patch. I have loaded saved games back at that point before without issue.

I tried to swap countries as you mentioned. The game indicated I could not change powers at this time. BTW, no production music was playing when the game was loaded, but the game indicated it was the production phase.

Couple more issues.

First one is I don't see the German subs on the naval review screen. If I put my mouse over the hex and do control click, they show up along with all the other ships. They show status green and are good to go. Not sure why they would not show up in the naval review screen.

Second one is before combat is resolved. Essentially, I attacked the Netherlands, won the combat and advanced into the hex with a infantry unit. The game went into overrun mode and then froze when it should have been the CW to digress the ship units. I was unable to push any other buttons or do anything and basically had to task manage to get out of the game. Again, the game indicated it was waiting on me to make a decision, but there was nothing I could do and the screens remained grey in German color when they should have switched to CW blue.

Attachments
Bugs1.zip
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Hi Klydon - I just edited my post above yours and will take a look at your save again...
Paul
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I was not playing with the oil rules, so not sure if that is an issue or not. I note the same issue as Sabre in that the "load saved game during the production segment, but no production screen" is only since the 1.05 patch. I have loaded saved games back at that point before without issue.

I tried to swap countries as you mentioned. The game indicated I could not change powers at this time. BTW, no production music was playing when the game was loaded, but the game indicated it was the production phase.

Couple more issues.

First one is I don't see the German subs on the naval review screen. If I put my mouse over the hex and do control click, they show up along with all the other ships. They show status green and are good to go. Not sure why they would not show up in the naval review screen.

Second one is before combat is resolved. Essentially, I attacked the Netherlands, won the combat and advanced into the hex with a infantry unit. The game went into overrun mode and then froze when it should have been the CW to digress the ship units. I was unable to push any other buttons or do anything and basically had to task manage to get out of the game. Again, the game indicated it was waiting on me to make a decision, but there was nothing I could do and the screens remained grey in German color when they should have switched to CW blue.
That file from Post #7 behaved for me like you were using oil. Anyway I allocated the oil, then it goes to final production - so you were further along than Sabre21 was. There was no phase end button lit, but for each power there is a "Finalize production" button at the bottom of the form. By clicking that for each power I was able to progress to Builds.

I'm guessing subs don't show on the NRD because they can't move with surface naval units. They have special movement rules of their own.

I downloaded your second save and will look at it on the weekend.
Paul
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

To see subs on the naval review screen, it helps to check the box labeled "subs", which is under the boxes labeled "Mine", "Allies", and "Axis".
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

Thanks guys. I just expected to see subs under the naval review because at the top it says subs, transports, convoys, etc.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I loaded this save and the title bar at the top says "Preliminary Production Planning". The end phase is greyed out but if you choose "Close" on each successive production plan, you will get to the Return to Base phase.

So it looks to me this is the place in the game where you'd - if needed - make adjustments to your production plan due to torpedoed convoys, lost factories or resources, etc.

It's a little non-intuitive that you have to keep hitting the "Close" button, but you can progress the game.

I may have loaded the wrong game, it should say production for the current phase. Try this attached game. I don't use the oil rule either.
Attachments
Game2.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I may have loaded the wrong game, it should say production for the current phase. Try this attached game. I don't use the oil rule either.
I restored your saved game. It shows that Germany has already completed its production phase and starts with Italy doing its production. The information about the game (before you restore it) lists all the major powers except Germany needed to make decisions about production. I ran this through to the Lending phase of the next turn without any problems.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

Hey Steve..with 1.06 the problem noted above isn't there anymore. Thanks for checking it out though.
Shannon V. OKeets

Sorry Steve, I use a web based email (yahoo) and it doesn't play nice with the "send the bug report". None of these came up as bugs anyway.

Started global campaign. All options picked except food for CW, D20, and oil.

Issue 1

I have been keeping most pilots in reserve, especially for countries not at war like the US. Put all US aircraft in reserve. The pilot pool showed up as 23 pilots in Sep/Oct 39

Issue 2

Game freeze during trade deals screen. In Sep/Oct I did a temp trade deal to send 2 resources to France. In Nov/Dec, I attempted to modify the deal in the CW screen and got a game freeze. No buttons worked in game, could not move screens, etc and did not see any screens "hiding". According to task manager, the game was waiting on me to make a decision.

I tried to duplicate your problem with the number of pilots and wasn't able to do so.

First I tried selecting all the air units - assigning them pilots. Then I placed them all in the air reserve. I got 10 pilots for the Commonwealth, which is correct for Global War. Next I tried not selecting any pilots, immediately placing units in the air reserve. I got 8 pilots for the US, which is also correct for Global War.

Can you reproduce the 23 pilots for the US that you reported? If so, can you tell me how to do that so I can fix it?
Steve

Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I don't know how to do it, but in my game, the US has eight extra pilots. This occurred very early, probably during setup.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

I don't know how to do it, but in my game, the US has eight extra pilots. This occurred very early, probably during setup.
That would be correct - but only if you did not place any air units on the map (i.e., they all were placed in reserve).
Steve

Return to “Tech Support”