CW2 Public Beta Patch 1.02

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

wosung

CW2 Public Beta Patch 1.02

Post by wosung »

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... post299569

Pocus wrote:

"
Exclamation CW2 Public Beta Patch 1.02

Hi gents,

This is it, after several days if not weeks and 6 internal release candidates, it seems we are very very close to call this 1.02 patch ready! In fact, the official file will be sent in parallel today to Matrix QA department, so unless one of you find a nasty bug, this public beta patch is equivalent to the official file.

You won't be able to continue ongoing games with this patch, as many changes are major. Once installed, you can read the updates file (same directory as main executable). I'm posting here the (massive) list of changes too.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/CW2..._v1.02_PBB.zip

Civil War II Updates (1.02)

Patch 1.02
Release Date: December 6th, 2013
How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is not save-compatible.

LIST OF CHANGES

Gameplay (improvements & fixes)

6 new regional decisions have been added, they will be given in January of each year:
Build Depot: Start building a depot in an undeveloped region.
Spies: Send a spy in a region to gather intelligence on enemy troops.
Cavalry Screen: We will use our cavalry to screen our approach of the enemy.
Disinformation: Send a spy in a region to plant erroneous reports on our troops.
Deep Recon: We will use our cavalry and scouts for a deep reconnaissance in enemy territory.
Sabotage railway: Send some light troops to blow away a significant portion of railroad.

Regional decision Sea Mines can now be dropped in rivers.
Fixed: Raiders report from Union maritime income was erroneous.
Fixed: Can’t add any more units being built to divisions.
Regional decisions can no longer be removed because of the presence of hostile troops (except against Indians)
Fixed: Occupier ability. Changed: Patriot ability.
Fixed: Money output from trade harbors was off.
If Helper option ‘Let AI buy replacements’ is activated, AI will buy more replacements than in previous patch.
Battle planner will never trigger for a naval battle.
Miscalculation in VP gain fixed.
If enemy capital is occupied, National Resilience rolls are skipped.
Captured equipment can now be incorporated in divisions.
Much better distribution of naval supply.
Fixed a bug on occupier ability
Matagorda / Brownsville harbors' blockade values inverted to reflect their historical importance. Overall change of blockade situation in 1861.
Changed conscript values production of plantations, farmfields and conscript centers
Added flavor ability on slaves and contrabands
Fixed an event error on AI fortification building early 1861
Changed some CSA leaders appearance date
Added new CSA flavor brigades: Waul's Legion, Iron Cavarly Brigade, Texas Greyhounds and Thomas' Legion
War supplies cost increased across the board for units. Slightly for units costing not much, more for high end units.
Ammo production doubled for several structures, including Powder Mills
Some harbors have been revised in how they change the Blockade percentage. Please refer to an infos thread on this topic in the CW2 forum.

Scenarios

Removed incongruous decisions in Shiloh scenario.
Can’t entrench in Bull Run Scenario above level 1.
Decisions Redoubt removed in April 61.
West Campaign got several bug fixes.

AI

High ranked leaders will be much more reluctant to command small forces.
Idle leaders in enemy land will seek to get back to ‘headquarter region’.
Transports will have a quite low buying priority if the AI is bested in naval power and situation is not great.
AI will get a slightly higher bonus for railroad autorepair (which is based on the development level of the region)
AI will defend the capital city more easily if threatened
AI should buy much more often Powder Mills, Arsenals and Armories.

Historical options

Fixed: A particular AI choice for volunteers could generate an error.

Events

Indians, once on the warpath, never revert to neutrality.
Kentucky events improved. Starting in March 62, KY has 25% chance a turn to be pro-Union if still neutral.

Interface

Calling decisions or recruitments panels will mask ledger.
Icons on the tabs of Stacks Panel will now be white, not black.
Experimental Spanish support.
The variable governing the delay when ‘Focus On Move’ is used is now available for tweaking in CW2\Settings\UserInterface.opt. Default entry is: inoFocusDelayInc = 1500 // in milliseconds
Voices added during battles.
In the Unit List (F1, then switch to Units), units with promotable leaders will be shown in red. Reminder: if you filter out units without leaders, you get the list of generals of your nation.
Number of auto-saved turns can now be changed with an in-game option. Access it with the System tab, in the Options window of the Main Menu.
Load game window can now cope with 0-byte game files. If this happen, the previous turn will be restored, but you’ll have to quit the application entirely to have the previous file appears.
Mouse-zooming (not keyboard-zooming) will now focus on the mouse position.

"
wosung
mikeCK

RE: CW2 Public Beta Patch 1.02

Post by mikeCK »

I don't see anything in there about aggressiveness. I remember my last game I played CSA. The union did nothing....built some armies but other than that, the AI union did nothing. I roamed about and attacked at will. I posted about it and several others had seen the same behaviors. I had not played since and was wondering since it is not addressed here, are others not seeing it?

Is the "cavalry screen" option a regional decision or is it a commands that you must give to a cavalry stack?
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Did you accidentally select Active AI in the off position? [&:]

I have never seen or heard of such a problem. Usually people complain the AI is too aggressive.

“Cavalry Screen” is one of the new Regional Decisions.
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

No. All the settings were fine. I have been Playing AGEOD games since Birth of America. Trust me, I double checked everything! . Several people had mentioned the same issue as I had seen. AI union doing nothing while I basically steamrolled as the South. Now, as I love AGEOD games and play them extensively, I personally think something just went wrong in that particular game. Just wanted to find out if it was an issue that had been discovered and corrected or (most likely) just an aberration.

I am assuming then that people here have played as the CSA and fought an active Union AI
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

It must be a sometimes thing. I usually play more aggressively in the west and more defensive in the east as the CSA. Rushing into Washington full bore only results in a short game.

Stopping the deep raiders out of West Virginia is more important than going north for me there. So I may not be noticing the same AI short falls as you are.

It never fails to be very aggressive somewhere, though that is not always in the east.
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

Anyone know when the 1.02 patch will go full release? I've been holding back on the beta patches for the full public release. 1.01 was way back in October. No word yet from the devs at the AGEOD forum.
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

Return to “Civil War II”