Issue with installation and relief layer

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Devast8or

Issue with installation and relief layer

Post by Devast8or »

Hey

I bought the game last night and installed the downloaded files, according to installation file the game was 1.01 but once I launched it it showed 1.00.
I tried to check for update but it said the game was updated. I then downloaded the update manually and it also warned me that the game was updated. I installed it anyway and the game now shows 1.01. You might want to check your installation files.

Another issue I'm having is that relief layer does not do anything. When I switch it on nothing happens.. I checked across the entire globe and the only thing I saw was that southerh part of South America gets a yellow layer whith relief on. Zooming in however does not show anything but a very low res yellow layer. Any idea why this is happening? I tried reinstalling the game but problem remains, I even tried with the latest Beta.

I'm running DirectX 11 and latest .NET. Great game but the relief layer is somewhat breaking my experience atm. I checked the instllation directory and there is a sub directory called Relief under Cache but it does not contain much, just few empty text files. My installation is currently holding around 4.5Gb of data with no Mods installed.

mikmykWS

RE: Issue with installation and relief layer

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi

Make sure you run the direct x and .net installers in the prereq directory.

As far as the relief layer. Try turning it on and zooming in or spinning the globe. Does it update after that?

Thanks!

Mike
Devast8or

Post by Devast8or »

Hi

I just tried reinstalling DIrectX and .NET from the pereq directory. DirectX installed just fine and .NET said I was running a later version.

Tried also to spin the globe and zoom in/out, it has no effect except on the part of the map I mentioned above.
A low res yellow layer appears over souther part of S America. It's the only place where relief layer actually does
anything. Can I verify that I have all the files for relief? Is there a folder I can check to see that I got all the files since the installation files were kind of strange claming to be 1.01 while actually being 1.00??

Thanks
Devast8or

Post by Devast8or »

I seem to have fixed it. Reinstalled on another drive. It appears Relief was not installed corectly due to lack of free space. Apparently you need more than 6GB on the Harddrive during the installation.
The installation files Matrix provides are however still 1.00 even though they claim to be 1.02.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

1.02??? That version has not been released yet. Are you certain?
Devast8or

Post by Devast8or »

Sorry my bad, I was too focused on forums where 1.02 is being discussed. I ment 1.01.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

So once you install using the "v1.01 installer", your build number is shown as......???

Return to “Tech Support”