River view next to Rangoon

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

guctony

River view next to Rangoon

Post by guctony »

As long as I know river hexes next to Rangoon are impassible hexes. Am I right.
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
Xargun

RE: River view next to Rangoon

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: guctony

There is an option in the preferences - Hex Sides maybe - and it will put a red line on any hex edge that is completely impassible. If its not marked in the red then troops can cross it.
guctony

Post by guctony »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

ORIGINAL: guctony

There is an option in the preferences - Hex Sides maybe - and it will put a red line on any hex edge that is completely impassible. If its not marked in the red then troops can cross it.

Thanks a lot I already did that but I have an fundamental problem I am color blind and my screen resolution of 1920x1080 makes it very hard to see it. From my old pbem I remember it was not possible to pass it. But I am not sure because of Babes mode map and a turn a go enemy forced me to retreat over the river. If so my defence policy is off. I need verification from a second source or else I will not be able to send my turn to my friend.

Mustafa Kemal
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

All I see are purple lines which mean they are river crossings. They can all be crossed but with an immediate shock attack.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

hey guctony what part of anatolia are u from ?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

And all this time I thought you were talking about this [:D]

Attachments
Ragoonriver.jpg
Ragoonriver.jpg (123.53 KiB) Viewed 111 times
guctony

Post by guctony »

ORIGINAL: oaltinyay

hey guctony what part of anatolia are u from ?

This question will have one short answer and a long one.

Short Answer is I am from istanbul. At least my fathers father was from Istanbul.

The long answer is:

My fathers fathers family was from Sivas east of Turkey. They are Tribe people Called Salgur Which ruled lands in Persia around 1300-1500 then immigrated to Anatolia. They were nomadic people.

My Fathers Mother is from Edirne that is the Most western city of the Turkey, Next to greece. They immigrated to Edirne from Crimea. They are Tatar by origin. Called Crimea Tatars. They immigrated because of occupation of Crimea by Russion.

My Mothers Father is From Bulgaria He is Turkish by origin And His family lived in Bulgaria 300 years till the foundation Of Bulgaria.

My Mothers Mother is Circassian They immigrated to Ottoman empire from Caucasian because of Russian at the time 14. century. They lived near Bolu which is north-west Turkey. Funny thing is that My mothers grandmother was handmaiden in the ottoman palace.

We call us Turk And we live in Turkey and we speak Turkish. But like USA We are combination of people beliving and living in One land and Nation. Accually Sometimes I think Ottoman Empire is very much was like US.

I mostly consider myself Circassian. Because when I go to Russia for work I quite blend the people. And I feel the summer in Moscow suits me well.

Mustafa Kemal
guctony

Post by guctony »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

And all this time I thought you were talking about this [:D]

Thank for the view :)
Mustafa Kemal
pmelheck1

Post by pmelheck1 »

The funny thing with rivers is most of us usually see small ones that are in some cases easily forded or can be slow moving and can be swam across in a couple of minutes. We tend not to see the monster rivers unless you happen to live on one or have to drive over it. I've lived by rivers my whole life and have seen the type that can't be crossed except by bridge or a long exhausting swim only a few times. All the problems I've seen with vehicles and rivers are of the stuck rather than the swept away variety except for very rare floods from heavy rains.
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

That river(Can't remember the name) is large enough for shipping.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”