Tell me about ACW2 vs ACW1

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

jcjordan

Tell me about ACW2 vs ACW1

Post by jcjordan »

I've had ACW1 for a few months now & still learning tactics/strategies in dealing w/ AI etc but think AI has too many advantages/benefits & USA is handicapped too much at start leading to the CSA being able to win way too early.

Let me know the differences/upgrades of ACW2 over ACW1 not just the graphics but the gameplay aspects. I've been reading some of the discussions of game balance vs historical accuracy topics but haven't gotten around to any of the AARs yet (is there one particularly good to read?)
Ace1_slith

RE: Tell me about ACW2 vs ACW1

Post by Ace1_slith »

You are playing acw1, and you think that US is underpowered?

I have to say that you probably need to tweak your AI settings a bit down. US is not underpowered at all in ACW1, so until you get the hang of it, I would recommend lower difficulty level.

About AARs, if you are playing ACW1, I would recommend this AAR:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... A-Banks%29

In fact, if someone wants to learn about good game strategies, I would recommend it to players playing CW2 as well.

About CW2, about every at this forum AAR section will do.

Enjoy your reading.

Return to “Civil War II”