How do you designate which BPs to Trade Send

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

markb50k

How do you designate which BPs to Trade Send

Post by markb50k »

I set up two Trade Agreements in J/F 40 (France is already doing badly and I want to salvage some BPs to the UK):

Commonwealth would give France 3 Resource
France would give Commonwealth all its BPs (I selected a high number like 15)

During the Naval Movement phase I inspected the Production screen and see that the game automatically assigned 3 resources from CW to France, but only 2 BP (both saved BPs in southern France) are going back to CW from France.

I inspected the convoy routes and because of the ones the computer picked it was not an efficient setup and there were no free CPs in Bay of Biscay, so I changed around which CW resources go to France, so that Bay of Biscay is not used, freeing up CPs to carry the BPs to CW.

After doing so, and confirming that I have 4 unused CPs in Bay of Biscay, I am still not seeing anymore BPs getting sent to CW.

Two questions:
- when the game gets to the End of Turn (Prod Planning Prelim) will the BPs get updated again? It seems the computer isnt recomputing the BPs that can be sent to CW at this point in the turn.
- I know the computer seems to automatically figure out sending BPs to another major power, but is there a way to specifically earmark certain BPs to be "Traded", like you can for resources? I can only figure out how to designate resources for Trade, not build points.

Thanks
paulderynck

RE: How do you designate which BPs to Trade Send

Post by paulderynck »

In preliminary planning there are no French BPs aside from the saved ones. This should be remedied when final production is done. Please let us know if that occurs.
Paul
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

Sounds logical. Will let you know.
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

when you send 3 resources to France. you only free up 3 convoys. maximum

the game will try to send other resources to UK and use up the convoys.

so to make sure you can get the France BP to UK and still have full production in UK.

you would need to place more convoys.
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

when you send 3 resources to France. you only free up 3 convoys. maximum

the game will try to send other resources to UK and use up the convoys.

so to make sure you can get the France BP to UK and still have full production in UK.

you would need to place more convoys.

I get what you are saying but I have already confirmed that there are indeed 4 unused convoy points available right now yet no new BPs (other than the 2 saved ones) are being shown. I still am in the middle of the turn so I will wait until the final production phase as advised to see if the BPs show up
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

designating BPs is going to be a lot more challenging when the CW wants to send 1 BP from India to a Russian pocket in the Caucasus, 1 BP from Canada to Vladivostok across the northern Pacific, and 1 BP from the UK to Murmansk (cut off from Moscow), and 3 BP from the UK to Archangel (connected to Moscow), especially when the CW has a global convoy net all connected together
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

Understood, I am a programmer, and can understand the difficulty in implementing this.

But, I could only be convinced to not needing that feature if the functionality worked as designed. Being able to specifically point a BP to satisfy a Trade Agreement is only needed if the code doesnt do what you are wanting it to do. Which in this case, it is not working.
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

UPDATE:

Upon reaching the Prelim Prod Planning phase, as hoped for, the system was now sending a total of 6 BPs from France to CW, which was the max possible given available CPs. So, in my case, even though throughout the turn it only showed 2 BPs going, once End of Turn arrived it flowed more BPs.

Additionally, even though France promised 15 BPs and could only deliver 6 BPs, France was able to use the rest of the BPs herself, even though the RAC states that it shouldnt. Fine by me.

So in summary, don't trust completely what the Production Planning screen shows while early in the turn.

I'm not sure if this means anything for the other BP question out there, Omnius's Japan->US BP, but I'll post my finding in that thread as well.
robertl123456

Post by robertl123456 »

If we can't trust the production planning screen, its difficult to make any kind of plans. It is too late to move CP during the production phase. I hope that this is something that will be fixed in coming releases?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It is too late. Suppose your CP chains get busted up by subs and the turn ends before you can get some reserve CPs out to sea? The final production planning is your only chance to "pick up the pieces" and make something out of a bad situation. The planning screens can only work with the CP chains in effect at that moment.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”