game art or box art

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
Agathosdaimon

game art or box art

Post by Agathosdaimon »

although i would love to create something for this - love drawing horses and quadrigas are such powerful imagery, failingh that i highly recommend this old painting appear as the box art - has to be the best circus maximus painting i have seen

wodin

RE: game art or box art

Post by wodin »

Great pic.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

It does represent the turmoil and excitement which can happen in the game very well, that is for sure. :)
sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Hello guys!
we've recently finalized the box art of the game and it looks like in the same spirit as your pic. I hope you'll like it. [:'(]

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

I think its awesome - i would love to have made a picture for you though! check out my work at mitchellnolte.deviantart.com

though Mark Churms - excellent choice - a great artist for historical subjects! Great art in and on games, i think can do well for the atmosphere and enjoyment of a game
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon
although i would love to create something for this - love drawing horses and quadrigas are such powerful imagery, failingh that i highly recommend this old painting appear as the box art - has to be the best circus maximus painting i have seen

That painting "The chariot race", made by Alexander von Wagner, has been a great source of inspiration. Is on display at the Manchester Art Gallery now.

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

Return to “QVADRIGA”