Random Battle Button Issue

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

TinyAngryMan

Random Battle Button Issue

Post by TinyAngryMan »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with the random battle button. Every time I've tried to click it, it closes the game and returns me to the desktop. Has anyone experience this? If so, is there a solution? Thanks.
rickier65

RE: Random Battle Button Issue

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: TinyAngryMan

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with the random battle button. Every time I've tried to click it, it closes the game and returns me to the desktop. Has anyone experience this? If so, is there a solution? Thanks.

Let me do some checking. One possibility might have to do with how html apps are being handled.

I'll followup and post here.

Thanks
Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

In the Panzer Command folder, you should be able to find the file shown below:

PzCRBg.hta

You can try double clicking on that file and see if the Random Battle generator will start. Also, try right clicking on the file and looking at the file properties. It should say that the file type is an HTML application and that it opens with "Microsoft (R) HTML Application host". If it doesn't say that it opens with HTML application host, you can try setting it to open with "Microsoft (R) HTML Application host" and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
RandomBattle1.jpg
RandomBattle1.jpg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 447 times
TinyAngryMan

Post by TinyAngryMan »

Rick,

Thanks! I will try it out right now. I have my fingers crossed!....Well, you hit the problem right on. Now I just have to find in my computer Microsoft HTML Application host to open the file. Thanks again.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: TinyAngryMan

Rick,

Thanks! I will try it out right now. I have my fingers crossed!....Well, you hit the problem right on. Now I just have to find in my computer Microsoft HTML Application host to open the file. Thanks again.

Good to hear, let us know how it turns out.

Also, there were a couple of mods that that affected Random Battles, but looking at the forum threads, I don't seem them now. I'll find them and upload them to the forum.

EDIT: I've uploaded three mods to the Mod folder here. Two of them affect Random Battles and should be installed if you are playing any random battles. The third may be needed if you are creating any maps using the Map Maker part of the game.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Tech Support”