Destroyed/Surrendered Enemy Units Sometimes Don't Register

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

rfrizz

Destroyed/Surrendered Enemy Units Sometimes Don't Register

Post by rfrizz »

This is an intermittent bug that seems to happen when there is a lot of activity and the game speed is at >> or >>>. The high activity -- many units doing something, especially fighting many enemy units -- is the largest factor. The cross for the enemy unit shows on the map, but clicking on it does not show any information. Also, when this happens the destruction or surrender is never in the Msg list.
Lieste

RE: Destroyed/Surrendered Enemy Units Sometimes Don't Register

Post by Lieste »

This is probably an 'unknown' enemy unit that disbands, so doesn't surrender or is destroyed. As there is no action from friendly forces there is no report of action/identification of survivors.
rfrizz

Post by rfrizz »

ORIGINAL: Lieste

This is probably an 'unknown' enemy unit that disbands, so doesn't surrender or is destroyed. As there is no action from friendly forces there is no report of action/identification of survivors.

Didn't think of that, but it seems to happen too often for it to be a lot of disbands. Also, the fact that it seems to be associated with a very busy game engine makes me think that it is a subtle bug that only sneaks out when the system is stressed.

BTW, are all enemy unit surrenders or destructions supposed to appear in the master Msg log?
skarp

Post by skarp »

rfrizz - I think I've seen the same issue where you can see a killed enemy unit but simply cannot select it to find out anything. I also think rebooting the game has helped on occasion.

I don't know if all surrenders or destructions are supposed to appear in the master Msg log - they don't in my case
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

ORIGINAL: rfrizz
BTW, are all enemy unit surrenders or destructions supposed to appear in the master Msg log?
For destruction by fire and surrenders yes, since your troops would be aware. But for disbands (the most common), I don't think so.

Return to “Tech Support”