swapping unit places

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

generalfrommel

swapping unit places

Post by generalfrommel »

In the manual it states that you can temporarily overstack units as long as your next move is used to redress the overstack. However, when I try to do this, it won't let me move into the hex causing the overstack (e.g., I have two corps each in two adjacent hexes and want to swap their positions). Is there a trick to doing this, or something else I am missing?

Any help muchly appreciated.
paulderynck

RE: swapping unit places

Post by paulderynck »

Currently there's an issue with this. There's a method that's been posted where you can use the "undo" to allow a workaround. Sorry for lack of detail but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Paul
Kwll

Post by Kwll »

I have this issue also, Shannon advised to select the HQ then deselect it(pick it up, then drop it again) this fixes the issue about 85% of the time. However, it does not fix the issue when you can NOT select the HQ.
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

it have been in the works.

but it was decided that it was low priority.

I sure Steve will add it some day
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: generalfrommel

In the manual it states that you can temporarily overstack units as long as your next move is used to redress the overstack. However, when I try to do this, it won't let me move into the hex causing the overstack (e.g., I have two corps each in two adjacent hexes and want to swap their positions). Is there a trick to doing this, or something else I am missing?

Any help muchly appreciated.
The temporary work around for swapping two units (A1 and B1) when they are both in hexes (A and B) that are fully stacked is:
1 - move unit A2 (the second unit in hex A) from A to another hex, say C.
2 - move B1 to A.
3 - move A1 to B.
4 - undo the move for A2.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Still is not the same as the whole procedure costs more movement (thus preventing the workaround for say most MIL stacked in adjacent mountain hexes, not to mention ZOC).
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov

Return to “Tech Support”