Download vs. Physical Option

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

captskillet

RE: Download vs. Physical Option

Post by captskillet »

and Pecan Pie! [&o]
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Any chance for a digital download on the pie?
Paul
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

I wish, I could make a killing using my grandmother's recipe!
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

No one is forcing you to purchase this game. Every game that I have bought from Matrix has been physical & with a free download if this game release had given us the option of a digital only version I still would have bought the physical version. Even if they subsequently have a digital only version I will still be happy that I got the books as well.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63
Every game that I have bought from Matrix has been physical & with a free download if this game release had given us the option of a digital only version I still would have bought the physical version. Even if they subsequently have a digital only version I will still be happy that I got the books as well.

Congratulations. Many feel differently. Next...
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

ORIGINAL: Manstein63
Every game that I have bought from Matrix has been physical & with a free download if this game release had given us the option of a digital only version I still would have bought the physical version. Even if they subsequently have a digital only version I will still be happy that I got the books as well.

[/quot

Okay I'm next, really not that many, it sounds like many when the few are very loud about their displeasure about the books, some times down right nasty, and most of the posters who like the books are trying to be polite, but that ain't working.

Bo
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

[/quote]

I respect what you are saying but perhaps the 'mistake' that Matrix made was having a digital version available in the first place. Some people (and I am not pointing any fingers) will complain just for the sake of it. When WitE was first released many people complained that it was too expensive even for just a digital version. Should Matrix have given you a choice as to whether you wanted the hard copy or just a download probably they should. However it is quite possible that the agreement with A.D.G meant that they were obliged to release W.I.F in the way that they did so as not to diminish or supersced the brand in anyway.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
danimaning2

Post by danimaning2 »

I don´t understand some people.

The guys like me, that dont want the book, are not saying that removed from sale this books.
If you are happy with the books congratulations, its no problem for us.

But please, if i dont want them, respect me.

We can both be happy.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

See my above post
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: danimaning

The guys like me, that dont want the book, are not saying that removed from sale this books.

We can both be happy.

But you are not happy, and we will respect you if you give us respect, we have heard you and others many time, where do we not respect you? Where? Because posters here who have purchased the game happen to enjoy the books, is this disrespecting you and others? I think not.

Bo
danimaning2

Post by danimaning2 »

ORIGINAL: bo

We can both be happy.

But you are not happy, and we will respect you if you give us respect, we have heard you and others many time, where do we not respect you? Where? Because posters here who have purchased the game happen to enjoy the books, is this disrespecting you and others? I think not.

Bo

Hi Bo

I give you an example:

I buy a car with a gold steering wheel, and i see other people asking for the same good car but without the gold steering wheel and i say: " i am very happy with my wheel and i dont want that the company sell that car without the gold whell"

Have this any sense for you?, not for me. This is happen with WiF.

(sorry my english) :-)
bo

Post by bo »

We can both be happy.

Bo

Hi Bo

I give you an example:

I buy a car with a gold steering wheel, and i see other people asking for the same good car but without the gold steering wheel and i say: " i am very happy with my wheel and i dont want that the company sell that car without the gold whell"

Have this any sense for you?, not for me. This is happen with WiF.

(sorry my english) :-)

Hi danimaning

Your English is fine I understand you perfectly. Of course what you say makes perfect sense, I am not coming down on you in anyway, I see posters saying they like the books in a very pleasant way and some of the posters who do not want the books get a little nasty with them, not referring to you, but sometimes comments get all lumped together and just makes posters angry on both sides of the issue.

It is what it is and unless Eric changes what Matrix has been doing with the books and the downloads I do not see how more complaining is going to resolve this. I mean this, I would just like to see everyone enjoy this wonderful game is that to much of me to ask?

Bo
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Okay I'm next, really not that many, it sounds like many when the few are very loud about their displeasure about the books, some times down right nasty, and most of the posters who like the books are trying to be polite, but that ain't working.
hmm, my post wasn't intended to be "nasty", and I don't think it was; if it came across that way I apologize to Manstein.

But at the same time, do we really need to hear over and over and over again that some people like the books? Everyone understands that, and no one is suggesting that they shouldn't like them. I think its great the Matrix created the hardcover books for those who want them.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

hmm, my post wasn't intended to be "nasty", and I don't think it was; if it came across that way I apologize to Manstein.

No apology is necessary as no offence was taken
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

But at the same time, do we really need to hear over and over and over again that some people like the books?

Yes, since they are part of the current package. You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
DSWargamer

Post by DSWargamer »

But at the same time, do we really need to hear over and over and over again that some people like the books? Everyone understands that, and no one is suggesting that they shouldn't like them. I think its great the Matrix created the hardcover books for those who want them.

Hmm put yourself in the place of the publisher, the dudes that made the product, the original owners of the product it is based on......

Now sure it is a necessary thing, that you need to know if there are problems, and you want to be made aware if there are any..... But no one likes hearing it over and over. No one likes hearing complaining over and over regardless of validity.

But think of something you have done in your life, that took a lot of effort, that took a lot of time, that many thought wouldn't ever happen, are you suggesting, you'd ever have any trouble with people droning on and on and on about how pleased they were with your accomplishment?

We understand, the more often we gush on about the books, the more it seems likely they might fail to find there was ever a problem with the choice that was made to make the order process a process whereby you either ordered the physical shipment, or there was no purchase.

We realize our praise runs counter to the campaign to get them to allow a just digital download.

But don't expect them to ever tire of us saying how great any portion of the purchase was.

That would be illogical :)
I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

The books are nice, but if I had a choice I would probably pass on them. Especially if I had to pay a Premium for them. Shipping here in the US was not that big of a deal. I can understand people in other parts of the World being upset with shipping charges and extra taxes, etc. But it is what it is! I wanted the game and was prepared to accept the books as part of the deal! If you don't want the deal, don't make the buy. Real Simple....
Tony
bo

Post by bo »

I was not referring to you at all or I would have named you, I should have used post reply rather then your quote, did not think your post was nasty in any way, I am referring to some very mean posts during this particular topic by several people, it seems to me that when other people praise their books it inflames some passions around here, so just maybe we could lower the noise a little, both sides.

Bo
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Any chance for a digital download on the pie?

You'll need a 3D printer.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi
You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.
hmmm, I have plenty of respect for opinions and tastes other than my own, but that consideration should work both ways.
ORIGINAL: DSWargamer
Hmm put yourself in the place of the publisher, the dudes that made the product, the original owners of the product it is based on......

Now sure it is a necessary thing, that you need to know if there are problems, and you want to be made aware if there are any..... But no one likes hearing it over and over. No one likes hearing complaining over and over regardless of validity.

But think of something you have done in your life, that took a lot of effort, that took a lot of time, that many thought wouldn't ever happen, are you suggesting, you'd ever have any trouble with people droning on and on and on about how pleased they were with your accomplishment?

We understand, the more often we gush on about the books, the more it seems likely they might fail to find there was ever a problem with the choice that was made to make the order process a process whereby you either ordered the physical shipment, or there was no purchase.

We realize our praise runs counter to the campaign to get them to allow a just digital download.

But don't expect them to ever tire of us saying how great any portion of the purchase was.
heh, fair enough...

Return to “World in Flames”