Amphibious bombardment

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rexor

Amphibious bombardment

Post by Rexor »

So if I'm assaulting an enemy base from the sea, should I stack my bombardment assets in the amphibious TF or make a separate bombardment TF in the same hex?
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)
mind_messing

RE: Amphibious bombardment

Post by mind_messing »

Both, if possible. Amphib bombardment just suppressed gunfire from the shore, while proper dedicated bombardment will target troops, the airstrip and the port.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

If you suspect a lot of strong shore guns then it is a good idea to add an old BB or some CAs to you amphibious TF. This ship will fire counter battery to suppress enemy shore guns. They will in addition draw most of the fire themselves thus saving you a lot of damage to your valuable landing ships. Except for the strongest (and rare) shore defense guns, virtually all will just bounce off your BB with no harm done. Perhaps some sys damage.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Rexor

Post by Rexor »

Thanks!
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”