[FIXED B471] B469 - Engage Opportunity Targets Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

miller7219

[FIXED B471] B469 - Engage Opportunity Targets Bug

Post by miller7219 »

Make sure your global Doctirn&ROE for Engage Opportunity Targets is set to "No".

Steps to recreate:

1. Load Warship Operation Training scenario
2. Open the global Doctrine+ROE under the Game pull down menu and notice the Engage Opportunity Targets is set to "No"
3. Select USS Stockdale and notice it's unit Doctrine & ROE for Engage Opportunity Targets is set to "NO(Inherited"
4. Start/Resume game and let it run for 30 seconds
5. Open the global Doctine+ROE under the Game pull down menu and do NOTHING, except exit out of it.
6. Notice the USS Stockdale's unit Doctrine&ROE is now "Yes(Inherited)".
7. Go back to the global Doctrine+ROE and notice Engage Opportunity Targets is now set to "Yes"

In step#5 you didn't do anything except access the global Doctine+ROE pull down, yet the Engage Opportunity Targets ROE changed from "No" to "Yes".
thewood1

RE: B469 - Engage Opportunity Targets Bug

Post by thewood1 »

I think what is happening is the scenario designer has set the ROE to yes for opportunities. But the menu selection defaults to no for that ROE. If you look at ROE in the right hand info box it says yes. SO when you hit start, the yes gets transferred to the menu item. IOW, it is hard to tell if anything is a bug until the game runs one pulse.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Replicated and logged. UI thing.

Thanks for the time on this one guys.

Mike
TMP95

Post by TMP95 »

I'm getting target of opportunites constantly reset to "yes". Even when changed to no in the editor and mission resaved. Once launched target of opportunity gets set back to "yes" and I'm seeing 100s of tomahawks launched within mins of game play (Iranian mission).
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Can you tell me how you are setting this. I have had no issues with Tomahawks launching en mass.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

There is a current bug where this value gets reset for the unit if you go into Side ROE's. Is this it?

Mike
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

That makes sense. I never use side ROE, just groups.
TMP95

Post by TMP95 »

How does one set ROEs by group?? Also, when I open the editor within my Drum (Iran) mission. It shows sometimes side ROEs set to YES for target of opportunity and sometimes it will show NO?? (How f'ed up is that??). Also, if I open this file and change it to show NO. Then save it. This still does not solve it, which is very odd.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Fixed in Build 471.

Return to “Tech Support”