Downloading Old Purchases

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

upen

Downloading Old Purchases

Post by upen »

So I need to download a game I purchased several months ago. The last time I complained about needing to email support a mod on these forums told me:
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

ORIGINAL: upen
If you're going to charge a premium price you should provide a premium service. It's absolutely ridiculous that I need to send an email to support to download products I've purchased from you, for some products it's faster to find a download elsewhere than to download the copy I purchased from you for nearly $100.

That's not actually true. If you are logged into our site when you purchase, you can automatically get a new download link through our Members Club in a few seconds without having to contact anyone or request anything. Just go here:

<link to the members club I can't post>

Only if you purchase without logging in, in which case we don't know who you are, do you need to contact our Help Desk for a new download link. There is no limit on number of downloads or new download links and there is no DRM that requires you to be logged into our site to play. You can download once, archive the file and re-install as many times as you want on your own systems for your use.

Also, despite the fact that we do provide good service for our customers, I have to say frankly that if this game were sold off the back of a truck by a guy who was leaving the country tomorrow who you would never hear from again, it would still be worth the price for fans of the genre IMHO.

Regards,

- Erik

But after following that link to the members club I don't see anything that would allow me to generate a new download link or anywhere I can download my purchase directly from Matrix/Plimus/whoever. Looking at the official FAQ it states that the only way to download past purchases is to contact support, but I simply cannot believe that the only way to download things I've purchased from Matrix in the year 2013 is to email support, especially with the premium prices Matrix charges. So was this moderator telling the truth or was he mistaken and I need to file a support ticket?
gradenko2k

RE: Downloading Old Purchases

Post by gradenko2k »

That is the way I've always done it.

When you buy a game, you get a download link. You can download from that link as many times as you want until it expires (I want to say 48 hours, but I'm not sure)

The installer never phones home, so if you keep a copy of the installer, you won't need to download anything again, since you just need your serial key, which is always readily available.

If you didn't keep a copy of your installer, and the download link has already expired, then you need to file a support ticket. I've done it about 4-5 times and they usually get back to me within 48-72 hours, with a new download link that similarly will only stay alive for a few days as well.

I've since taken to backing up my installers in some cloud service so I can recover them, because yes, the delay of having to contact support is not good when you want to play something immediately.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Upen did you register your games? If so, then when you go to the members section, there should be a link My Games click on it and you will see all your registered games.

There is also the section Member Services click on the link. There you will see all the games that Matrix offer, plus the games you own/registered. There you will find the downloads needed to reinstall, upgrade a game.

Try it.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
upen

Post by upen »

The downloads in my games and in registered games only allows you to download random junk. For some games it's patches for other games it's manuals or pictures/wallpaper. There's no uniformity to any of it and there certainly aren't any download links for any installers.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Strange, I have had a few games reinstalled due to hardrive crashes or new pc. Not really experienced any difficulties. Have you contacted any of the Matrix staff via PM or mail? I'm sure they can and will help.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Never had a problem finding my games and their download link in my members area. All the cd keys are there and all the links are there. That is IF you PURCHASED the games and REGISTERED your PURCHASE.[:D]
radic202

Post by radic202 »

I learned the hard way a while back after a huge computer crash. I had to submit a ticket to get the Download links again but having registered the games here and on Slitherine I was able to re-enter all the CD keys and get them all back.

So from now on, every time I download a game, I keep a copy of the original downloaded content on a portable drive, and for extra security I also copy the CD key on a Word Document and put it in the folder I created as a Back up for that particular game. And I cut and paste the receipt in a Word Document and add it to that Folder.

But like the OP said, I could not access my game downloads form the Members section. I had to submit a ticket to get them back.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Never had a problem finding my games and their download link in my members area. All the cd keys are there and all the links are there. That is IF you PURCHASED the games and REGISTERED your PURCHASE.[:D]

Really? Because I'm hunting around now and I can see my 'Members only' download options and I can see my 'Registered' download options and I can see all my CK-KEYS (thank god they auto-register on purchase now), but I can't see any download links for the installers.

Hitting the product name hyperlink just takes me to the product store page.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

See the section that says MEMBER SERVICES over to the right? See the link that says REGISTER YOUR GAME? If you register your games then it's in the library of downloads section. The one that says DOWNLOADS FOR REGISTERED GAMES. All in the MEMBERS SECTION. Like for me I see Command OPS there and Conflict of Heroes etc. etc. If you don't register your games here then you don't get this service. It saves to register unless you plan on selling your games later on then you can't unregister it and the person who wants to buy the used game can't get it from you.

Also uder the MY GAMES link check out MY ORDERS. Games are found there as well.

A little helpful link

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

From Matrixgames for those that didn't register your games.

Our new store supports unlimited re-downloads. However, your download link will only be available for a limited number of download attempts or a certain amount of time. If you need to download your game again and your download link is expired please contact our Help Desk or contact support@plimus.com and we will be happy to reactivate your download for you.
If you bought the game from our old Digital River store (purchases older than 11/18/2010):
You will no longer be able to download your purchase from Digital River as the maximum extended download warranty they offer is 2 years.
Instead of contacting Digital River you should now contact our Help Desk and we will do the best we can to make your download available. Please send us as much information to help us locate your order in the archived data as possible. Our team will do everything they can to help, but in some situations it may not be possible to locate your order.
Purchases from Plimus have no time limit on their backup. You can redownload them no matter how long ago you purchased the game.
Please keep in mind that you should always make physical backups (prints, notes etc.) of important information like email invoices, serial numbers and order information. Also please remember to register your games to get the latest updates and betas.

I am having a problem though registering the 3 games I bought yesterday. The registration says the cd keys have already been used for all 3 games and won't register the games? This has never happened before. Matrix you need to test your stuff before you start using it. [:'(]
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

If you are logged during the purchase, the game will be registered automatically in your account.
Then you can retrieve download links like aaatoysandmore said:
Under My Games, click on My Orders. You'll be able to issue yourself download links.
But please note , that if you're not logged during the purchase phase, you'll not be able to retrieve your download links through the above process, even if you register later them in your account.

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

I've done it about 4-5 times and they usually get back to me within 48-72 hours, with a new download link that similarly will only stay alive for a few days as well.
Nowadays, usually it's less than 24 hours, as the helpdesk works now at the weekends, as some of you already might have experienced.

I am having a problem though registering the 3 games I bought yesterday. The registration says the cd keys have already been used for all 3 games and won't register the games? This has never happened before. Matrix you need to test your stuff before you start using it. [:'(]

If you were logged during the purchase then your game was automatically registered. If you try to register them again you'll get the message you received, that the keys are already being used.
Check My Orders and see if they aren't already there. :)
If not please contact us in the helpdesk.

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Nope not there as I do know how to find my games. I did get a receipt from Plimus thank god but the games aren't in my order section or the download section for games already registered. Must be some glitch. I sent information. I already have backup though if you guys can't fix it. It's like the first thing I do after installing is copy and burn that setup.exe file.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Sometimes there are glitches in the communication between Bluesnap and us. But usually are rare.
But having received that message it means that you should already have them registered in your account.
Weren't you logged in?
Anyway, we can locate the orders by email and reference number on the Bluesnap site. So you are always safe. Of course I always advised to keep a copy of the emails sent by Bluesnap as these have all the elements to trace an order.
Please open a ticket in the helpdesk, and I'll see it myself, tomorrow as it's now 2.30 on the other side of the big pond. :)
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I did in fact I sent two one with info about the cd keys already being registered and the other with the receipt I got. I'm in no hurry enjoy the holidays I have the games backed up anyways.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

See the section that says MEMBER SERVICES over to the right? See the link that says REGISTER YOUR GAME? If you register your games then it's in the library of downloads section. The one that says DOWNLOADS FOR REGISTERED GAMES. All in the MEMBERS SECTION. Like for me I see Command OPS there and Conflict of Heroes etc. etc. If you don't register your games here then you don't get this service. It saves to register unless you plan on selling your games later on then you can't unregister it and the person who wants to buy the used game can't get it from you.

Also uder the MY GAMES link check out MY ORDERS. Games are found there as well.

Yeah this isn't true and you should stop telling people untrue things. The downloads for registered games are not a download link of the game and you need to go email Matrix to activate one.

Which is a really odd way of doing things because you aren't saving bandwidth if you are going to open up a download link every time I ask. Which means that it's just a system designed to inconvenience the customer.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

You are quite correct, it would seem they have changed up the system since last I used the redownload feature. At any rate check under MY GAMES and then MY ORDERS for that one does do what I said. It has a download link for all my games that I got from Digital River. I'm testing one now and it's downloading.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

You are quite correct, it would seem they have changed up the system since last I used the redownload feature. At any rate check under MY GAMES and then MY ORDERS for that one does do what I said. It has a download link for all my games that I got from Digital River. I'm testing one now and it's downloading.

You are right and I apologise for being testy earlier.

Return to “General Discussion”