Interface suggestions

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

Friedrich

Interface suggestions

Post by Friedrich »

Hello,

here are some suggestions I like to make:

Headquarters screen: each time I use the „close program“ button I have to open the “manage program” menu again. This is a little bit annoying. It would be much more comfortable if the “close program” button would not also close the “manage program” menu.

Headquarters screen: add the option to return directly to the “opened programs” screen. In the current version of the game you need far too many mouse clicks if you want to go back from a program category (or from one of its sub menus) to the overview of all your opened programs.

Add the option to remove older saved games completely. In the current version of the game it is only possible to overwrite the content of a saved game slot.

R&D screen: it would be nice if the player could see all the stats of the SET personnel currently attached to a specific R&D process. So it would be easier to decide which person to reassign to another project in the case I want to do that.

My last point seems to be a bug: no matter how many SET personnel I have the “view assignments” menu in the SET building shows a maximum of 10 staff members only.
CowboyRonin

RE: Interface suggestions

Post by CowboyRonin »

Thank you for the input. The suggestions have been sent to the development team. I agree that the last item is a bug, and it has been reported as such.
Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester
oscar72se

Post by oscar72se »

Hi,
I've spent a couple of hours playing this game now.

I think it's difficult to keep track of which missions and goals you have completed. I found myself clicking endlessly back and forth between the different screens. It would be extremely helpful if the number of goals left and the number of goals completed were visible in the "Manage Programs"-screen.

Also, I play this game with a resolution och 1920x1080. In the screen where the animations are showed, "follow the mission from the MC", the backdrop is visible outside the display window(you see a big Square bouncing around).

The thing that bothered me the most though, is that it's nearly impossible to make adequate decisions as to which flight leaders and austronauts to hire. When you click the "Hire"-button, you have no information about which skills you already have in terms of already hired people and you have no clue as to which skills you are in need of. I found myself hiring staff with two stats of 9 bars only, but I had no chance of knowing if they made a difference or not. Also, you have the same problem when you assign flight leaders and austronauts to a mission, it's extremely difficult to decide where to assign people. When I played the game, I always clicked "Assign automatically".

Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing this game so far. This is a fun game! [:)]

Regards,
Oscar
CowboyRonin

Post by CowboyRonin »

Thanks for the input. The screen resolution issue is known - the only screen resolution that is working correctly at this point is 1024X768. The other items have been logged and sent to the developers.

In terms of skills, I have been working on a spreadsheet that shows the Flight Control positions and Astronaut positions for each mission and the skills used by each position. I will post a preliminary version of that this weekend (getting to every mission is not as easy as it sounds). This should provide a little help in terms of knowing what skills are used. I would caution, however, that this dynamic may undergo some revision in the future, as I'm not sure everything is wired in at this point.

Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

I've just implemented the option to remove saved games. It will be included in SPM v. 0.7.10 next Friday.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”