Happy Thanksgiving!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Chickenboy

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Chickenboy »

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends out there on the Matrix forums. Enjoy this day on which we give thanks to all we have in abundance. [&o]
parusski

RE: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by parusski »

Happy "let's all overeat day" to you and everyone else. Except Josh.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Happy "let's all overeat day" to you and everyone else. Except Josh.
warspite1

Shame on you - that is a very, very unkind thing to say about a valued fellow forumite [:-][:-]

Where is the crazy Dutch B****** anyway? [:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
parusski

Post by parusski »

I think he is at Chickenboy's house. CB likes the dirty Dutchman.

Anyway, to bad you are not in our glorious country. If you were, you could celebrate Thanksgiving day too.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
wodin

Post by wodin »

Happy Thanksgiving my American chums.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Are you saying we are part fish and blood????[;)]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

My goodnes stay away from the beer nuts or mixed nuts and chex mix, you can hit 2000 calories before you know it. I did and I haven't even eat thanksgiving dinner yet. So much for not eatin 3500 calroies this week.
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

Now overfed on turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, rolls... too much. Need pie? No thank you, I've had too much... hey, football is on... ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzz...

[;)]
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Now overfed on turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, rolls...

Have some latkes too -- it's also the first day of Hanukkah! (A situation which will not happen again for about 70,000 years.)

Attachments
thanksgivukkahWEB.jpg
thanksgivukkahWEB.jpg (38.06 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Great what 12 gifts did you get me? [:)]
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Now overfed on turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, rolls... too much. Need pie? No thank you, I've had too much... hey, football is on... ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzz...

[;)]

Are you doing ok? How does all that food "taste" now? I bet the pie was eaten during the football, hopefully REAL American football-not that European game with so called men, with long flowing hair, prancing around a field trying to kick a round ball.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
Now overfed on turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, rolls...

Have some latkes too -- it's also the first day of Hanukkah! (A situation which will not happen again for about 70,000 years.)

Capt. Harlock: Two questions:

1. I know that Turkhanukkah hasn't happened in 70,000 years, give or take. But will it not occur again for 70,000?

2. Why does that turkey have dog or other mammalian feet?
parusski

Post by parusski »

I heard one news story say it would be about 80,000 years. Damn, that's a little long.
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Capt. Harlock: Two questions:

1. I know that Turkhanukkah hasn't happened in 70,000 years, give or take. But will it not occur again for 70,000?

2. Why does that turkey have dog or other mammalian feet?

Actually, it last happened in 1888. Probably for the first time, since Thanksgiving was not a repeating national holiday until 1863. It will not happen again for quite some time because the Jewish calendar is a few minutes per year off from the Gregorian calendar, so the Jewish holidays slowly get later and later in the solar year. In about 70,000 years the holidays will have rotated all the way around the Gregorian calendar -- assuming both the Jewish and Gregorian calendars are still in use by then.

As for the feet, I am not the artist (stick figures is close to the best I can do). My best guess is that the artist felt that clawed feet would look too threatening for a holiday image.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

[;)]

Are you doing ok? How does all that food "taste" now? I bet the pie was eaten during the football, hopefully REAL American football-not that European game with so called men, with long flowing hair, prancing around a field trying to kick a round ball.

Surprisingly well, considering all the food and beer I consumed yesterday. In fact, I've already eaten a plate of leftovers... love those leftovers.

And yes, it was good ole' fashioned American football. Detroit-Packers game. Detroit crushed the Packs. Times sure have changed.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah well if Rogers would have been playing it would have been a different story.[:'(] You got lucky he is hurt.
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

No partisan here. I haven't gotten excited over a football game since the Broncs beat the Packers in Superbowl XXXII.

And back to turkey day, here's a question for you guys. Do you do anything different with leftovers? My mother makes an excellent turkey pot pie with biscuits and leftover turkey shreds. Awesome dish.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Talk about cholesterol heaven. Nope, We don't even have a feast anymore. I just eat my oatmeal and we dream about the past. lol
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

They got that turkey all dressed up for the holiday feast. He was so excited and everyone at the dinner party was sure happy to see him, he kept thinking. Remembering his manners, he hoped to be invited back next year.

And then, from the kitchen, he heard, 'Mr. Turkey, would you mind coming in here to give me a hand?'

This was his chance..Rolling up his sleeves, he marched right in.

Yes, everyone was happy to see Tom Turkey that day. Now, what to do with that extra set of poultry clothes? Save them for next year of course.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Reminds me of an episode from Everybody Loves Raymond.....gobble...gobble...gobble. "IF you boys don't stop doing that you won't ever see icecream again"...Silence

Return to “General Discussion”