Steam can you (Matrixgames) clone it?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Steam can you (Matrixgames) clone it?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Can you like make a forum program or client that records all the games that we buy and the hours played like steam does and have the ability for other players to see this information?

That way when someone disses a game we can see their stats and find out they don't even own the game and/or never played it? [:D]
wworld7

RE: Steam can you (Matrixgames) clone it?

Post by wworld7 »

Is it that big a deal to you?

Flipper
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

That way when someone disses a game we can see their stats and find out they don't even own the game and/or never played it? [:D]

What games I own and how many hours I play them is on a need to know basis. And you're not on the list :)

Though I did just pass 700 hours with TF2.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Just because the gubmint thinks they need to know this stuff doesn't mean we should all follow the trend
of invading everyone's privacy. This whole plan the Jihadis had to turn America into a police state is
working good enough. I must admit, however, that people dissing games they have not played or commenting
on features they don't think they would like on a game they have no intent on buying are very annoying.
I have noticed from time to time people making unduly harsh comments on a game they don't seem to have
spent any time or money on.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Ok then, War in the East sucks! as well as The Pacific war Admiral edition. lol Let's see what else......oh I know all Ageod games suck the most.......ana those Field of Glory games....[:D] Now, do you know if I've played them or not or own any? See the importance of having a program like that. I luv it on Steam, when someone starts jawing about a game I like I look up their game library and see what they own and how many hours or minutes they've played. It's a good system. I think.[:)]
Rocko911

Post by Rocko911 »

I dislike anything STEAM does as it is not customer friendly and you have no control.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

Is it that big a deal to you?

Yeah, or I wouldn't have made this thead.[:)]
Orm

Post by Orm »

I understand your point, aaatoysandmore, and sympathize with it but I am not comfortable with letting a company log my gaming time.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

"That way when someone disses a game we can see their stats and find out they don't even own the game and/or never played it?"

I don't need to own a game to have an opinion about it, and I am free to state these opinions. You are free to ignore them. Very simple, no need for invasive programs.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I like Steam - it actually takes a lot of the hassle from managing games. It also keeps the games up to date. Not sure why everyone dislikes this program. It actually works better than Origin.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

I like Steam - it actually takes a lot of the hassle from managing games. It also keeps the games up to date. Not sure why everyone dislikes this program. It actually works better than Origin.

Yay someone on my side.[:)] How do you like the ability to see what games someone has and owns and how much they have played them? I love it. Sure has spoilt a lot of trolls fun in the forums.

Return to “General Discussion”