Replay Bug again

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Replay Bug again

Post by spence »

Being an Allied Player for the most part I am getting more and more annoyed by the "Replay Bug".
It has persisted from UV to WitP to WitP:AE and even though it seems significant progress has been made in fixing it so that it now appears less often it now seems to appear at the more critical moments than otherwise (like a CV on CV battle).

I have long since required of my IJN opponents that they send along the Combat Summary with each replay. Though I don't critically assess each Replay to see how well it matches the Combat Summary it is my impression that the Replays generally match the Summary pretty well: except when something like a CV on CV battle takes place. And then there seems to be no correlation between the two.

Saved Replay and Combat Summary and last turn available if needed.

In my current PBEM my opp and I just had a major clash of CVs. The Replay didn't match the Summary starting about midway through the turn. I ended the turn and got out of WitP:AE entirely. I was also out of my email entirely. I subsequently got into my email and re-downloaded the Replay, then re-entered WitP:AE and re-ran the Replay. The result was exactly the same as the first time...a very divergent Replay starting about 1/2 way through.

It seems to me that the Replay Bug is created by the Japanese Player (inadvertently)...maybe not since I don't know anything about programming. Just thought maybe this would help to fix it.

Return to “Tech Support”