Infantry combat values

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Tazak

Infantry combat values

Post by Tazak »

Looking at customer user data, units tab and have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any correlation between 'Crew col H' and 'Weapon List Col P' when the combat system looks at damage calculations
2. In the 'Weapon List Col P' the number after the * is the ammo count, is this reduced by the combat system on a 1 count of ammo per shot

reason for asking is that arty & tanks are great for killing infantry but Inf vs Inf combat seems a bit 'slow'.
even when using veteran infantry with good morale/ammo against regular troops with heavy suppression I've taken near 2 hours with a NATO infantry platoon to clear the remains of a soviet rifle company (about platoon strength unit) out of a wooded hex
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

RE: Infantry combat values

Post by CapnDarwin »

Not a tech support issue so moved here.

1. No direct correlation. The combat model looks at the cover state, ability of the units, and SA firepower of the units involved.
2. Picking up from #1, there is a rate of fire model based on the range and situation as well. Ammo is reduced based on the ROF used and then applied versus the total amount from the data and shown as the percentage in the UDP. For tanks this is a round per shot kind of number other weapons it is a burst type accounting. The first weapon is used set the ammo percentage and is the primary weapon of the platform. Special low ammo weapons like ATGMs and RPGs and such are dealt with by some code to control their amounts.

Two hours in certain circumstances doesn't sound out of line. I've seen a bunch of different battles and times with small infantry fights. 500 meters in cover is a tough fight.

Good questions. [&o]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

thank, in terms of 'Crew col H' does the crew number have any effect in game as I've noticed a few rather high crew numbers e.g. UK53 175mm Gun has a crew of 48 or UK126/127 Javelin teams of 8

I'll go through and update them based on army training manuals but unsure if it has any real effect ingame
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

There is so much going on in the code it is hard to remember everything as you can imagine. Seems to me we do use that value for something in the combat model. I'll search the code later today after coming out of my turkey and pie coma and get a definitive answer. Either way having correct numbers is better and if you have 1st hand info that beats second hand source materials we get stuck using for most things. If you get those number I'll add them to the pending UK data fixes from you other work. I want to get all that in the files for the next update in a few weeks.

Thanks for the extra detail!
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
wodin

Post by wodin »

Not sure I want to see Inf become disposable and die to quick..In a small wood in WW1 called Deville Wood (Obviously a long time ago but still) It took days and days to clear it out of Inf. So a couple of hours in woods to route out a platoon sounds fine for me..the Inf would have to find them for starters.
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Capn Darwin

I've updated crew numbers in version B4 - file attached in post
tm.asp?m=3470621

I could find very little (read none) about the 175mm as a towed gun in British service, but looking at the 5.5 inch and 7.2 inch guns they had crews of 12 men so I used 12 as the guide number which seems more likely than the original 48
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”