cant place CW reserves in impulse #2 in global war

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

wolf14455

cant place CW reserves in impulse #2 in global war

Post by wolf14455 »

We started a new Global war this evening and to be sure of not repeating any glitches known from hotseat we shoosed solitaire.
First impulse worked fine but when CW was about to place their reserves we encountered yet another glitch(sorry dev, just a bit irritated) Sydney was the only reserve to be placed. London unit and the rest produced a cross and the txt in the report box said, something like "only place able in London.
I attach save and probably also send my guests home to play another day or play another scenario perhaps.
Love the game non the less.
Attachments
setuperror.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Zorachus99

RE: cant place CW reserves in impulse #2 in global war

Post by Zorachus99 »

While the bug report is appreciated, it appears that Hotseat has more bugs than Solitaire.

If playing with a friend, you actually save a lot of clicking, if you simply read the messages, and note the form background color.

I'd recommend restarting your game in Solitaire mode, it does work very well.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Hehe thanx for the tip, check my first line "We started a new Global war this evening and to be sure of not repeating any glitches known from hotseat we shoosed solitaire." [;)]
Just what we did.
cheers
SwedeWolf

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf

Sydney was the only reserve to be placed. London unit and the rest produced a cross and the txt in the report box said, something like "only place able in London.
Is it possible you had the London MIL plus others "in-hand" rather than trying to place them one at a time?
Paul
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Nope, one by one. Thought maybee the code thhought london where on other place, so I tried all hexes in GB but no luck.
SwedeWolf

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf

We started a new Global war this evening and to be sure of not repeating any glitches known from hotseat we shoosed solitaire.
First impulse worked fine but when CW was about to place their reserves we encountered yet another glitch(sorry dev, just a bit irritated) Sydney was the only reserve to be placed. London unit and the rest produced a cross and the txt in the report box said, something like "only place able in London.
I attach save and probably also send my guests home to play another day or play another scenario perhaps.
Love the game non the less.
I just ran a DOW on Germany saved game that I have and I did not encounter this problem.

But when I ran your saved game, the program failed exactly as you described.

I don't know what the problem is but the difference most likely lies in the saved games.

You might try restoring from the DOW on Germany saved game. Or the Axis Air Rebase phase at the end of the first impulse.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Ok thanx, I try that. I report back ASAP.
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Works again, thanx. Thought that culprit being me open German HQ for reorg and decide not to by exit with X instead. But could not reproduce the glitch.
SwedeWolf

Return to “Tech Support”