several glitches interupt flow of playing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

wolf14455

several glitches interupt flow of playing

Post by wolf14455 »

Had to load autosave many times today when interface button dont apear after combat losses is reported and overun retreat by ships from ports is resolved.

The port retreat wasnt recoverable, the retreated convoy was destroyed by intercepting fleet,but the green button was greyed out.was forced to call back latest autosave to continue game. And I didnt bother intercept the retreating convoys, just so gamed could continue.

The other problem was when I got two combat in the list to shoose from. No combat can be selected before I cycling thrue both combat once, then button to shoose apear.
First combat resolved ok, and losses can be deducted.
Second combat is tougher to resolve. Losses cant be ok´d as the button dont apear. Saving and reload solved this, ok button reapear, so last combat can be resolved.

This happens many times and my question is, can a refresh button be implemented to shake lose the not always apearing resolve button?

Got no specific save to send but when saving the game when combat result window was up without the resolve combat losses button viseble and consequently loaded. When I saw I could get the button back I could report it and ask for better way to get the button back.

extra info: playing hotseat/global war
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
FreddaH

RE: several glitches interupt flow of playing

Post by FreddaH »

I've noticed problems like this as well. For example, while conducting naval moves, the "end phase" button was greyed out. I picked up a ship I had moved into a sea area and moved it into a port, and the button lit up. Restoring an auto-save also seems to solve the issue.
The greatest mistake man ever made was to believe in his own divinity
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Good to know Im not alone on this. Are you playing hotseat too?
SwedeWolf

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

I've noticed problems like this as well. For example, while conducting naval moves, the "end phase" button was greyed out. I picked up a ship I had moved into a sea area and moved it into a port, and the button lit up. Restoring an auto-save also seems to solve the issue.
If someone can reproduce this from a saved game, we would like to have the saved game with instructions on how to reproduce.

MadExcept@MatrixGames.com
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

I only got the save that fixed my non visable button, I can send that but it probably cant help you.
As reloaded saved non button box fix the problem. The grayed out green button can be usufull, but need to have it happend again to capture a good save.
thank you for your fast replies on all our reports, much apreciated.
Attachments
combaterror.zip
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
SwedeWolf

Dr. Foo

Post by Dr. Foo »

I have had buttons disappear. I find that if I run the cursor over them or click where they should be the buttons reappear.
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
FreddaH

Post by FreddaH »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

If someone can reproduce this from a saved game, we would like to have the saved game with instructions on how to reproduce.

The problem with that is, as Swedewolf says, reloading a saved game fixes the issue. [;)]

Nevertheless, I'll keep a look out and see if I can snag a saved game.

The greatest mistake man ever made was to believe in his own divinity
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Steve, I think this is the same bug as the one I came accross during naval movement/interception a couple of days ago. I did send you a saved game for that one...
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”