Distance between cities - ICS

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

jamthree

Distance between cities - ICS

Post by jamthree »

So I have only just started playing the game, which so far is awesome, and one thing that is not obvious is how far apart you want your cities. If you just follow the minimum requirement, 2 hexes, you can get alot of cities in very little space. Despite no apparent obvious ICS (infinite city sprawl) handicaps, like civs escalating base maintenance per city, it still doesn't seem right to pack cities in so tightly. Would love to hear everyone elses opinion.
Solaristics

RE: Distance between cities - ICS

Post by Solaristics »

I'm on my first game, and I'm leaving four hexes between each city to allow each a two hex radius, although some are only three hexes where that makes better use of the terrain.

I'm a little concerned about no ICS penalties in the game, but I never play an ICS strategy in 4X games in any case (too much effort to manage), so I'll see what the AI does. I'll be interested to see if an ICS AI player becomes unstoppable against me as I've only got 5 cities and plan to stay that way.
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Solaristics

Post by Solaristics »

Good post. I definitely liked the Endless Space concept of cold war. Also, controlling territory militarily is a good way to stake a claim without having to build a city. Let's code it up! :)

Return to “Pandora Series”