$44 for Shipping?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Whitemanematrix

$44 for Shipping?

Post by Whitemanematrix »

Whelp thought I would give the WiF a try as I'm an old fan of the old "Drang Nach Osten" Series and have been looking for something to fill the void there.

However when I went to actually pay the grand total came out to $166 Canadian. Sigh ... Sorry but No thanks. I know this isnt matrix's fault per se. but also we should be able to choose our method of shipping. I order things from the states all the time and don't have that much of an additional cost (Paintball gear, Car parts and what not). Only time it comes in remotely close to that price is when you are shipping overnight it or its a heavy/large item.

I have no problem with paying the $100+ for a game I do it all the time as its my chosen hobby but once you add extra $44 for shipping books I'll probably read once, and stick down in my garage it becomes a bit harder to justify especially since I have no experience with the game itself. It could not be my cup of team ( Though I do like the WiTe WiP etc. so..). That and I have dual 30" monitors so I tend to use the second one to pull up whatever docs I might want to look at while playing anyways.

TLDR; Not purchasing solely due to added shipping fee's there should either be an option to send it via slooow boat (ie as cheap as possible) or not at all.
henri51

RE: $44 for Shipping?

Post by henri51 »

Shipping to Canada is only by Federal Express (in this case) and in my case it was very fast (3-4 days)to Quebec City. Since the books come from Oregon, that is probably one reason why it is so expensive to Eastern Canada -you can't get much further than that and stay in North America. However I agree that it would be nice if there were a choice to deliver them by horse...[;)]

Henri
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

There was an announcement last week, stating there will be an announcement this week concerning the physical only issue. No indication if they actually mean to change anything. But I'd wait for that.. there are several amusing thread about the issue as well ;)
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
radic202

Post by radic202 »

I had the exact same problem and started an entire huge thread on it somewhere on these Forums. I am in Eastern Ontario (Ottawa), there was no way in heck I was going to pay 40% of the price of the game simply on shipping and have Fed Ex the beneficiary of those extra charges.. So I hear you brother. Heck! Peeps in Australia or NZ were paying the exact same price for shipping that we Canucks would have to pay: we are about 4 to 5 hours drive North, not an 12 hour flight to Oceania.................I was not happy but found a solution by shipping the Game and Books to my buddy in Florida which cost me only $9.00 US.

Now I will have the books and physical copy on Thursday as my parents will be bringing it up for me when they fly back from Tampa Bay. Lucky for me that they were in the area. Must say that it was a tedious and very lame thing to have to go through all this crap just to get my hands on the game. The one thing that bugs me royally is that it appears that my friend's name is on the DVD even though I am the owner of the game, it does not change anything per se for playing, but still??

Anyhow, it would have been nice if we would have been offered a cheaper means of shipping, especially since we live on the same bloody continent!!!
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
radic202

Post by radic202 »

There you go if you are bored and are looking for some "exciting" reading.........???

tm.asp?m=3462897
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Whitemanematrix

ORIGINAL: henri51

Shipping to Canada is only by Federal Express (in this case) and in my case it was very fast (3-4 days)to Quebec City. Since the books come from Oregon, that is probably one reason why it is so expensive to Eastern Canada -you can't get much further than that and stay in North America. However I agree that it would be nice if there were a choice to deliver them by horse...[;)]

Henri

I'm in Vancouver, so I'm only a few hours drive or 45 min flight away. I did briefly consider having them delivered to a PO service or something.
Whitemanematrix

ORIGINAL: radic202

There you go if you are bored and are looking for some "exciting" reading.........???

Oh dear /dons flame retardant suit.

Hmm I'd add my 2 cents buut think I'll let that die =)

Return to “World in Flames”