You have received yellow card

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

keyser soze

You have received yellow card

Post by keyser soze »

Guys, I am very angry. I CAN’T OPEN ANY new or restore game except Barbarossa scenario. Game crashed when came to “Calculating Supply” (or something similar). In football words you have received yellow card and if you don’t know, second yellow card is red and it means exclusion. Seriously, please fix this fast because 100 bucks in my country is a lots of money and I will demand my money back.
If it helps – I have downloaded latest patch and I have Windows 8.1
Best regerds
AxelNL

RE: You have received yellow card

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: keyser soze

Guys, I am very angry. I CAN’T OPEN ANY new or restore game except Barbarossa scenario. Game crashed when came to “Calculating Supply” (or something similar). In football words you have received yellow card and if you don’t know, second yellow card is red and it means exclusion. Seriously, please fix this fast because 100 bucks in my country is a lots of money and I will demand my money back.
Best regerds

I can imagine your negative emotions, but folks will need a bit more info to be able to help you. What is it that happens when you try to start a new game?
keyser soze

Post by keyser soze »

Well, what additional information you need? I will gladly help. Path to game crash is: Start a new game – Solitaire selected – Global war or any other scenario selected (except Barbarossa) - None additional rules selected - Name of player wrote – then first error occurs: Cannot find city "Hankø" but loading continues when I click ok – Progress bar is alive until Determining Supply appears - MWIF.exe (An error occured in the application) window appears – game crash.
Having latest game patch and Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I have sent bug report by game bug report system.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Are you using a double byte character set language? Problems like this have occurred there. If so, try changing the environment language to English or another single byte character set.
Paul
keyser soze

Post by keyser soze »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Are you using a double byte character set language? Problems like this have occurred there. If so, try changing the environment language to English or another single byte character set.

I don’t know what this double character means? I don’t use Chinese, Japanese, Korean or similar settings.

My regional settings:
Format: Croatian
Keyboard: Croatian
System locale: Croatian
Time zone: CET
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I don’t know what this double character means? I don’t use Chinese, Japanese, Korean or similar settings.

My regional settings:
Format: Croatian
Keyboard: Croatian
System locale: Croatian
Time zone: CET

Have you experimented in telling Windows to use English instead of Croatian?
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

I have not tested Windows 8.

While it is 'supposed' to be compatible, why not find the MWIF.EXE file, pull up it's properties, and force it to either Windows 7 compatibility or Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility. Either one of those may fix the issue.

Sounds like something is playing poorly near or in the MWIF memory space.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
keyser soze

Post by keyser soze »

Compatibility to Windows 7 or XP didn’t work but thanks for suggestion. What DID work is AxelNL suggestion (thanks AxelNL). When I have set US Regional settings I can open any scenario or restore games and error “Can’t find city Hanko” disappeared. Still I can’t keep these settings because I am living and working in Croatia so guys, please, can you fix this?
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

Compatibility to Windows 7 or XP didn’t work but thanks for suggestion. What DID work is AxelNL suggestion (thanks AxelNL). When I have set US Regional settings I can open any scenario or restore games and error “Can’t find city Hanko” disappeared. Still I can’t keep these settings because I am living and working in Croatia so guys, please, can you fix this?

Until this is fixed, you might be better off running MWIF on a Virtual Machine set to English.

Many of us have done this and the game works just fine.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Not sure many have done it. Those doing it certainly do it for different reasons.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Happy to have contributed to your situation, but the credits need to go to Paul.

Ps: you have severe emoticons attached to this thread, perhaps a little editing will freshen up this forum?
keyser soze

Post by keyser soze »

Sure. When problem will be fixed. To my opinion, this is not “normal” bug if you want to sell your product worldwide. USA is a great country and only superpower in the world but you must admit – many people in world are not using US regional settings.[;)] Thanks again for help.
tdpyle

Post by tdpyle »

Real football doesn't use yellow and red cards. Penalty flags yes but not cards. I don't know about the European version of real football -- namely rugby. [:D]

Best regerds
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

In Europe "football" refers to soccer not rugby. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_card#Yellow_card)
ORIGINAL: tdpyle

Real football doesn't use yellow and red cards. Penalty flags yes but not cards. I don't know about the European version of real football -- namely rugby. [:D]

Best regerds
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov

Return to “Tech Support”