What should I do?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

What should I do?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Should I get Panzer Corp: Africa Corp and the 44 expansion or Panzer Corp and the 44 expansion or wait another year and get Allied corp and the 44 expansion(I really like the 44 expansion scenarios best)? Let it be known I really like playing the Allies in place of germans and russians. I can't decide the prices are all so great except of course Allied Corp it's not onsale. It's one of the reasons I hate these wait another year so we don't displease our hardcore patrons who bought the game brand new when released. But, knowing it's only a year away still gives reason to wait on the sales. Getting Command OPS: Battles from the Bulge for $39.99 was a steal compared to the release price of like $80 if I remember correctly.
wodin

RE: What should I do?

Post by wodin »

If you don't mind an older game John tillers Campaign series is worth buying..and a huge update is due soon with loads of changes and new features!
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Ok, I asked you a question about that game in the sales thread, because I have the old Windows version and want to know if what I asked has been update. This is not a must buy it's just on my list of games I could buy. Anything better is much appreciated within my $100 limit. thank you.[:)]
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

$100 budget? get them both!
No problem Chief!
wodin

Post by wodin »

You've lost me??

I can't comment on Panzer Corps because I don't like that sort of wargame..sorry.

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Ok, I asked you a question about that game in the sales thread, because I have the old Windows version and want to know if what I asked has been update. This is not a must buy it's just on my list of games I could buy. Anything better is much appreciated within my $100 limit. thank you.[:)]
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

100 bean budget, Scourge of War, you wont play much else after that. Learning curve kinda hefty, but then you jump into MP and never look back. Tons of mods and free OOB and maps.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

100 bean budget, Scourge of War, you wont play much else after that. Learning curve kinda hefty, but then you jump into MP and never look back. Tons of mods and free OOB and maps.

Already have that so don't need another copy....I decided on John Tillers Campaign after reading what's coming on the ai in feb. I notice on random games it still starts all its units in a line at the bottom or top of the maps. Sorta disappointed that has never been changed or fixed. The graphics are also still poor on my newer rig....any way to clear that up or make them less pixelated....that's the worst I've ever seen for graphics of an old game. Even Panzer General II isn't that bad.

Next up is Distant worlds Shadows expansion, though I probably should have gotten Pandora as I hear the ai is a lot better in it than Distant Worlds ai. I wanted to try Shadows because I read that pirate ai is hell to pay in the early game.

Then topped it off with TOAW III as I've always wanted it and just wanted it onsale.

I still have enough left over for Pandora, but, if I just wait it out another year or several months I know I can save another $10 down the line.

I was going to get some Ageod Ancient games but I already have Ala Jete Est and I don't even play it so no use throwing money out the door.

I would have gotten that Carthage vs Rome game but its too static for me, as I don't really like scenario games or one time wonders. If it had been an empire building game like say Spartan or Rome Total War only turn based I might have been interested.

I only spent like $64 so still have $36 to go. Gotta go look at that WWI game Wodin tole me about at Battlefront. I like games with good ai not just games. I'll play just about anything as long as the ai is a challenge.
wodin

Post by wodin »

The graphics aren't up to much..they weren't fantastic when it came out..but the gameplay is there and here is a link to a must have mods...

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=63460

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=64101

milkweg

Post by milkweg »

ORIGINAL: wodin

You've lost me??

I can't comment on Panzer Corps because I don't like that sort of wargame..sorry.

He is asking about the Campaign series and not Panzer Corps. I'm interested in what the dif is from the stock version too because I have East FrontII and
that Israeli version that Matrixgames does not include. I can run EastFrontII on Win7 fine because you don't even need to use the bugged installer and just
copy and paste to HDD from CD works fine. So what did they do to it to make it better than stock version?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: milkweg
ORIGINAL: wodin

You've lost me??

He is asking about the Campaign series and not Panzer Corps. I'm interested in what the dif is from the stock version too because I have East FrontII and
that Israeli version that Matrixgames does not include. I can run EastFrontII on Win7 fine because you don't even need to use the bugged installer and just
copy and paste to HDD from CD works fine. So what did they do to it to make it better than stock version?

read that section about what's coming in Feb. There are lots of improvements, especially the ai. I found it after I asked Wodin the question and that helped me decide to buy it (again) It looks like it will be fresh and new the only thing was the question I asked about the random battle setup as all units even on my side seem to start out in a line at the top or botton of the screen. The graphics are horrible though, just be prepared for that. It's so pixelated it's hard for me to see. I had to buy a pair of zoomies for it. lol (Magnafing glasses)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Get the mods I mention above..makes it abit better..
dougo33

Post by dougo33 »

I have been trying to decide what to get from the sale and after reading this thread I bought the Campaign series.

Thanks for all the good info about this game. This is why I like the forums - people will give honest opinions of games that help people make informed decisions.

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Wodin is real good at that.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Should I get Panzer Corp: Africa Corp

Yes, you should. I have all the versions of the game, all the DLC's, all the expansions, all the mods, all the EVERYTHING...my brain just exploded.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Well since I just found out Battlefronts NOT going to have a christmas sale I might just do that. I wanted a couple of their games too, but if they are not going to give me a sale and/or discount to heck with giving them my money.[:-]

EDIT: See how important sales are to the consumer? Now Matrixgames will get more of my money by doing so.

Return to “General Discussion”