Speeds and Endurances

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ChadS

Speeds and Endurances

Post by ChadS »

Hello,

I've been playing with the various speeds in a task force, and I'm struggling to see how this works. I have a Surface Combat TF. For argument's sake, all speeds in the TF are the same.

When I change the "Speed," I'm getting results that I don't expect.

When set to Mission speed:
All ships have a speed of 32. The "Moves" line in the TF summary says "Moves (m/c) 9/4, Fuel - 220/93(49).

First, I may not understand the "Moves" line. I think this is telling me that this TF will move 9 hexes or 4, depending on Max or Cruise speed. The Fuel is how many hexes can be moved at the speed, except it's listed as Cruise/Max (reverse of the hex indicators), and finally, the current destination distance is in parentheses (49).

When I click to Cruise Speed, all ship speeds go to 15. But, the Moves line stays exactly the same.

When I click to Full Speed, the ship speeds go to 32 again, and the Moves line changes to Moves (m/c) 9,9, Fuel - 55/93 (49). The 55/93 is now red.

So, I'm guessing I must not understand the Moves line. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Chad S.
Cpt Sherwood

RE: Speeds and Endurances

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

You are close. The 220/93(49) says that at your present speed ( cruise ) the TF can go 220 hexes, it is 93 hexes to your set destination and back to the home base, and your
destination is 49 hexes away. At mission speed your TF will move at cruise speed most of the time. You will have to peruse the manual for indications on when it is supposed
to go full speed.

At full speed your TF will use 4 times the endurance it does at cruise. When the 55/93(49) is in red it means you do not have enough fuel to complete the mission.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
ChadS

RE: Speeds and Endurances

Post by ChadS »

Wow, that helps SO much. Thank you very much!
Chad S.

Return to “The War Room”