AA Patch - unofficial and temporary.

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Jo van der Pluym

RE: AA Patch - unofficial and temporary.

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

ORIGINAL: Telumar
ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym
Do you mean that in 3.5 patch a editor for units icon (capabilities) is included?

It's in the editor. You can "assign" a second unit icon to any unit. The 'first' (normal) icon is displayed in the game, the second icon is only visible in the editor. A unit with a secondary icon 'inherits' all capabilities of this icon, no matter what the first icon is. I.e. first icon is mountain infantry. To make it airmobile, set parachute infantry as the second icon.

Now I this read. I hope that soon a release is of the 3.5 (perhaps beta?) for the public.
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

AA patch works with Scen "Directive 21" just for your info.

See my post here: tm.asp?m=2594404&mpage=4
Tcao

Post by Tcao »

Hi, I just find out that right now the defense unit will fire upon incoming aircraft, but the attacking units AA still can not damage the aircraft in CAS role. I am playing "Campaign for south Vietnam". Anybody noticed the same thing.

Thanks

Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Chicom Redneck

Hi, I just find out that right now the defense unit will fire upon incoming aircraft, but the attacking units AA still can not damage the aircraft in CAS role. I am playing "Campaign for south Vietnam". Anybody noticed the same thing.

Thanks

Which one of the various 'unofficial' AAA-fixes? Could you provide a .SAL file perhaps? It would be also helpful if you flag the TOAW.log in order to have a look if the attacked unit didn't/did shoot back.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

There are various versions of the unofficial patch? I only saw one link in this thread. Are there others?
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Indeed! Check your PM Inbox.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

There are various versions of the unofficial patch? I only saw one link in this thread. Are there others?
ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Indeed! Check your PM Inbox.

Klink, Oberst

Herrn Oberst

Now I am currious. What the others?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I would like to have a copy as well please [:)]
bluermonkey

Post by bluermonkey »

Hi chaps,

After resolving a .dll issue to get this new exe to work, I get a new error message which says "there is an error with your serial number as entered". I only ever get this message when trying to use the "Opart3XBb" exe, not with the regular game. Anyone encountered this before?

I suspect I'll just have to wait for the official patch, but is anyone could help, that'd be great.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: bluermonkey

Hi chaps,

After resolving a .dll issue to get this new exe to work, I get a new error message which says "there is an error with your serial number as entered". I only ever get this message when trying to use the "Opart3XBb" exe, not with the regular game. Anyone encountered this before?

I suspect I'll just have to wait for the official patch, but is anyone could help, that'd be great.
What about the other alternative .EXE files, e.g. Opart3Windows98.exe, Opart3Slow.exe? The executables themselves don't check the registry or serial, the .DLL that came with the installer do. I'd suggest to re-install the vanilla in another folder, apply the 3.4.202 patch with the installer.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

I got this also. I saved the original exe and renamed Opart3XBb. Then it worked ok.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
governato

Post by governato »

For convenience, HERE is a link to the Opart3XBb file.

Some of the tests are discussed in the RFC thread. (10/13 post)
bluermonkey

Post by bluermonkey »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

I got this also. I saved the original exe and renamed Opart3XBb. Then it worked ok.

That appears to have fixed the problem. Many thanks. :)
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Hi chaps,

All you need to do is put in some spaces. Instead of Opart3XBb.exe right click and rename Opart 3 XBb.exe
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

Is this file Opart3XBb still the latest and greatest unofficial patch to use until 3.5 comes out? I've been running a patch called AA2Opart3 up until now but I see that this one fixes even more bugs?

Is installation still the same? Just drop it in the main folder and run it?
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

Is this file Opart3XBb still the latest and greatest unofficial patch to use until 3.5 comes out? I've been running a patch called AA2Opart3 up until now but I see that this one fixes even more bugs?

Is installation still the same? Just drop it in the main folder and run it?

Falcon1,

Yes this is the latest version. It includes the AA patch and also works to mitigate the fortified/ignore losses problem. As for drop it in the main folder and run it, that did not work for me. I copied the original exe to a different name Opart 34 (for example), and then renamed Opart3XBb.exe to Opart 3.exe. That works ok.

Please note: scenarios saved with Opart3XBb cannot be read with the normal 3.4 Opart 3.exe.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

I understand the AA problem, but just out of curiosity, what is the "fortified/ignore loss" problem?
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

I hope this works...

See tm.asp?m=3056061

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
governato

Post by governato »

Yup the RFC problem and tests with the new patch (which mitigates it *and* still fixes the AA bug are all described below. The instructions on how to install the patch are in the readme file that comes with the patch. I drop the exe next to the original one, make a desktop shortcut and it should work. The Oberst and I have lost contact with the user who developed the patches, so I imagine that there will be no updates. Then hopefully 3.5 will remove the need for them. Telumar told me that PBEM files written with Opart3XBb will be opened by TOAW patched to v3.5.
ORIGINAL: shunwick

I hope this works...

See tm.asp?m=3056061

Best wishes,
Steve
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: governato

Yup the RFC problem and tests with the new patch (which mitigates it *and* still fixes the AA bug are all described below. The instructions on how to install the patch are in the readme file that comes with the patch. I drop the exe next to the original one, make a desktop shortcut and it should work. The Oberst and I have lost contact with the user who developed the patches, so I imagine that there will be no updates. Then hopefully 3.5 will remove the need for them. Telumar told me that PBEM files written with Opart3XBb will be opened by TOAW patched to v3.5.
ORIGINAL: shunwick

I hope this works...

See tm.asp?m=3056061

Best wishes,
Steve
I am currently play-testing Rob Kunz's latest Ardennes '44, which was updated with 3XBb, with Antonio (Fulcrum90) and it seems to work more than just fine.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”