Starting in the Arctic

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

GaryChildress

Starting in the Arctic

Post by GaryChildress »

I don't know what I did but the first time I started the game I was in grassland and savanna. Now every time I start a game I seem to start out in the arctic with tundra and almost no good resource tiles. Is this normal or how the game is supposed to work? Or am I doing something wrong? [&:]
GaryChildress

RE: Starting in the Arctic

Post by GaryChildress »

OK. I think I found the magic button that is causing the difference. When I set Alien aggression to just below "medium" it always seems to start in the arctic. When I set it to medium I start in more temperate climates. Is this a bug or is WAD?
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

Bugs don't like cold weather?
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Must draw of the luck. I started 3 games with alien aggression on max and started always in the arctic too. Did not really mind. Water, mountains and special resources where next or nearby for me.
Rednettle

Post by Rednettle »

I've had this problem setting the aggression to hard. I tried medium, same problem. Tundra tundra tundra.

Return to “Pandora Series”