News

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rudd

News

Post by Rudd »

Iran deal...
don't know what to say about this one, reminds me of the North Korean deal a while back

also saw this
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/1 ... pCzy0Ak1yg

JRyan

RE: News

Post by JRyan »

This is a bit spooky, the Chinese are playing with fire here....one slip and we have a shooting war....
But By Grace Go I.......
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

Indeed, a brilliant CMANO scenario plot though!
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

apd1004

Post by apd1004 »

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

Here's another CMANO scenario plot from the same website:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/1 ... pI_QMSX98E
apd1004

Post by smudge56 »

How old is this report I've heard about this for a few years there was even a documentary about it.
AKA - Smudge
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

ORIGINAL: apd1004
ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

Here's another CMANO scenario plot from the same website:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/1 ... pI_QMSX98E

Indeed, there is a more thorough article on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

And a very good documentary here:

http://youtu.be/7ciy5R-tLiE

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

apd1004

Post by apd1004 »

Wow, who knew. I was even in the US Army stationed in West Germany in November '83 and never knew it happened.
apd1004
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

There was a party meeting in China where the ruling circle got together. The leadership wants to push for social and economic reforms. Unlike the West the military is part of the ruling circle in the government and they represent the traditional communist ideas. In order to placate the military leadership, the government says different things or increases military budgets to make them happy. Also an budget increases also helps line the pockets of party members. The last thing the leadership wants is a shooting war, when that happiness trade stops, the economy collapses and the Chinese dream is dead. What's the Chinese dream own a house and a car. If the Chinese dream dies there will be a lot of people who remember being poor and wont be happy about going back to the old ways.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
jtoatoktoe

Post by jtoatoktoe »

I wonder how China feels about this

American B-52 bombers breached China's expanded air defense zone on Monday, Pentagon confirms
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

I love that we do these sort of things. Someone tells us to not do something, that means we HAVE to do it [:D]

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
jdkbph

Post by jdkbph »

The US has been doing the Freedom of Navigation thing for 200 years. I'm sure the Chinese are well aware of that, and the inevitable response to any such declaration.

JD
JD
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

Most thing the Chinese do are for internal consumption, they need an enemy, Japan is there number one enemy, if you see what is said in the the China daily Japan is the one of the worst countries in the world, the reality is post war Japan, other than eating dolphins and some whales is a very good global citizen. However, if push come to shove Japan has the technology to quickly put together a nuclear weapons ( mostly likely turn a few screws on it) , they also have a military tradition and a heterogeneous population. If Japan decides to rearm the world wont say much. China wont push too hard other than in words.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

America and Japan are sending a CVBG and Japanese flotilla into the zone. This would make a great scenario :)
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

The possibilities for a scenario around this are sheer endless, arent they? [:D]

smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Baloogan will add nukes to it [;)]
AKA - Smudge

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”