WiF under Parallels on a Mac?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

eliang

WiF under Parallels on a Mac?

Post by eliang »

Is anyone successfully running WiF under Parallels on the Mac? If so, how does it perform? I got a clunky Windows 8.1 laptop I bought for the sole purpose of playing WiF, and now my wife is snidely comparing it to laptops of the 90's... LOL [8|]
Dabrion

RE: WiF under Parallels on a Mac?

Post by Dabrion »

It should run fine in any virtual machine. If you can get a Windows up and running there should be no further problem. Try to allocate a little memory to the graphic card in the virtual machine and enable 2D graphics support if there is such an option in Parallels.

I have it run with VirtualBox (Oracle) unter KDE (Linux).
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
henri51

Post by henri51 »

I am running it on two different Macs with Windows 7 Pro under Bootcamp (one of the Macs is an I7 Imac with 4 processors and 8 threads and the other is an older Mac Pro with two dual core processors). As you probably know, this is exactly equivalent to a PC, all Bootcamp does is make the Mac peripherals (keyboard mouse etc) available to the PC.This should be significantly faster than running under Parallels, but I would not expect this particular game to require a very powerful machine, so Parallels might be OK.
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

I am also running under Oracle VirtualBox under Linux, and I also have a Win7 partition on the same system. There is no significantly noticeable speed difference between the two.
--
Del
pirey4

Post by pirey4 »

I'm running WiF under Parallels in a Window 7 VM on both my Macbook Air (2010 Model) and an IMac. It works fine on both machines. When compared to the iMac, the Macbook Air isn't has fast and the screen size isn't big (13" versus 27") but it is still usable on this machine. Scrolling at zoom level 1 on the Macbook Air is a bit slow but that is the only problem that I've noticed so far (higher zoom levels go much faster).

Return to “World in Flames”