combining elements possible?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

jcjordan

combining elements possible?

Post by jcjordan »

Is it possible to combine units that have only 1 or a few elements ie you have 2 militia units that have 1 element each can you combine them to create a militia unit w/ 2 elements? Didn't find info in manual or AGEOD forum
Aurelian

RE: combining elements possible?

Post by Aurelian »

Found this in the FAQ for the first game.

: I have 3 separate Line Infantry regiments in a Division. Can I create a Brigade with these Regiments?

A: You can only combine Militia regiments in pairs, creating a sort of mini-brigade with lousy power, but it's an exception (unless you replace the elements a brigade had lost in battle). Otherwise, you can’t add regiments to existing brigades. Only leaders.

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Any idea on how it's done? Similar to forming divs/corps?
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

1. Place two militia units into a stack by themselves
2. Ctrl-click on each militia unit
3. Click on the tent special orders symbol
4. Click on the + sign for combine units
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

thanks, still much to learn on the little stuff so much left out of the manual I'm not sure why they even included it [:'(]

One other thing based on what Aurelian posted, the only exception is when replacing an element that a unit has lost in battle? Does that element ever get reformed & added back to the same unit? ie say you've the Iron Brigade & it loses one of the rgmts in battle is that same rgmt added back to the Iron Brigade at some point?
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: The Red Baron

1. Place two militia units into a stack by themselves
2. Ctrl-click on each militia unit
3. Click on the tent special orders symbol
4. Click on the + sign for combine units

They don't have to be in a stack by themselves..

I reverse step 2 and 3 myself.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

thanks, still much to learn on the little stuff so much left out of the manual I'm not sure why they even included it [:'(]

One other thing based on what Aurelian posted, the only exception is when replacing an element that a unit has lost in battle? Does that element ever get reformed & added back to the same unit? ie say you've the Iron Brigade & it loses one of the rgmts in battle is that same rgmt added back to the Iron Brigade at some point?

Destroyed elements can be rebuilt. See page 93/94 of the manual.

Return to “Civil War II”