Supply Links

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

Supply Links

Post by Dabrion »

Sometimes (after weather changes it seems) supply links on HQs are faulty. Reloading the step autosave cures the faulty supply link. In the F8 form, the HQ in question does appear as oos. I try to make a screenshot next time it happens to me. Is there a tool do diagnose the supply path if oos?

Said HQ was then moved (I was thinking a move would refresh the supply link calculation), and dropped in the same hex it was before. There it flipped face down the move could not be undone. No "undo" in rclick menu was available and "undo all" from command-menu did not respond. This behavior is also cured by reloading the step autosave.

"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Dabrion

RE: Supply Links

Post by Dabrion »

This savegame will load into the Japanese Land Movement step. Look at Central China in zoom level [3] s.t. you can observe from above Port Arthur to below Shanghai. Now move the "Terauchi" HQ @[70,146] (just pick it up) and observe the supply link of the "Yamamoto" HQ @[83,147] change to oos. Trying to move the unit now is not undoable (as described).

Either I am missing something something or this is a bug. You can check the supply path for Yamamoto right after loading the savegame, it traces Hangchow->China Sea->Tokyo, which seems fine to me.

p.s.: Why is it that I can restore the savegame two times and have to close the game for the third restore?
Attachments
LandMovement.GAM.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

This is the supply link in question.

Attachments
supplylink.jpg
supplylink.jpg (484.47 KiB) Viewed 43 times
oleb

Post by oleb »

I have noticed that when I move the first HQ as part of a stack, the entire stack gets disorganized. If I move just the other units, or just the HQ they stay organised. In the screenshot. If I move Umezu alone, he stays organized. If I move Umezu with a unit he is stacked with all the moving units gets disorganized. In both cases Yamamato is oos. Not entirely sure if it is the same bug, or just a related issue.

Attachments
HQstackdisrupt.jpg
HQstackdisrupt.jpg (566.95 KiB) Viewed 43 times
Ktarn

Return to “Tech Support”