Drive on Moscow is out for the iPad!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rodney727

Drive on Moscow is out for the iPad!

Post by rodney727 »

Folks this is simply the best war game out for the iPad . Shenandoah studios and matrix should team up. The AI is as good if not better than most war games that you can buy on any platform.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Terminus

RE: Drive on Moscow is out for the iPad!

Post by Terminus »

It's very good. I got it and Lords of Waterdeep in the same mini-spree.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Is lords of water deep good? I'm tempted.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Very. You should seriously consider getting it.
samspackman

Post by samspackman »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Folks this is simply the best war game out for the iPad . Shenandoah studios and matrix should team up. The AI is as good if not better than most war games that you can buy on any platform.

There's an AI in this game? I played my first game as Soviets and wiped every single German unit off the map. Even Shenandoah have admitted the AI is just there to teach the mechanics.

I'm sure it's a great MP wargame, but people should not buy this on the basis they will be challenged by the single player AI.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Shenandoah Studios and Matrix should team up.

Let's see:

* Priced at only 9.99 USD
* Has a free demo
* Has enough abstraction to be run with die rolls and strength pips
* Game mechanics that are simple enough to be driven via touch
* An interface that can actually fit inside an iPhone screen

That doesn't really seem to be the kind of target market for Matrix.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Folks I doubt this person has an iPad or bought this game. Clearly he is a matrix clone to say this . Look at the reviews for this game. If you really have this game post a review on iTunes . No? I didn't think so. See you can only post if you own the game.
ORIGINAL: V for Vegas

There's an AI in this game? I played my first game as Soviets and wiped every single German unit off the map. Even Shenandoah have admitted the AI is just there to teach the mechanics.

I'm sure it's a great MP wargame, but people should not buy this on the basis they will be challenged by the single player AI.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Rogo727,
Folks I doubt this person has an iPad or bought this game. Clearly he is a matrix clone to say this.

This is not an example of civil discussion. Personal attacks in the forum are not allowed.

We have many published games where opinions differ on how good the AI or other elements are. I'm sure the same is true for Shenandoah's games.

Personally, I purchased Bulge and Moscow the day they were released. Enjoyable games. I was pleased to see that Ted Raicer was involved with Moscow - I've enjoyed his board games a lot over the years. There are certainly things with each title I might have done differently or areas where as a gamer I think they could use more attention, but I would give them both a hearty recommendation for all iPad wargamers. However, I think there is room for more than one kind of opinion on any game, including ours. Let's keep the discussion civil and constructive.

While we're on the topic of iPad wargames, I'd like to also encourage everyone who hasn't already looked at it to give Battle Academy on the iPad a try. Sure, it's our game but it's also a great game that gets the bulk of my iPad wargaming time. The various expansions are a blast as well. The upcoming Panzer Corps for iPad and World at War for iPad I think will also be quite popular.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I enjoy both Bulge and Moscow, even if the region activation mechanic took a LOT of time to get used to.
samspackman

Post by samspackman »

Folks I doubt this person has an iPad or bought this game. Clearly he is a matrix clone to say this . Look at the reviews for this game. If you really have this game post a review on iTunes . No? I didn't think so. See you can only post if you own the game.

Like I said, the developers have admitted that the AI is "pretty good against novices, but an experienced player will still thrash them handily on a long game."

http://www.shenandoah-studio.com/Forum/ ... =532omeone

Or maybe they haven't bought the game either because they haven't left a review on iTunes?

If you find the AI challenging, well, I guess you fall into the novice camp. Keep practising and you will get better.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I still question the above posters creditability. And that's the most civil I can be. I just asked him to say that in a review in which he can not. Which in turn proves my theory right. If you have the game challenge me rogo727. I await....We long for a real war game on the iPad. So far bulge and Moscow are the heavy hitters. No other game comes close to them in the time period of ww2. The two games get a 5/5 for a reason. As far as panzer corps I don't expect that game will be released until well after 2103 and world at war in my estimate 2015.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Waiting...

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (616.69 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Did you know you can only see reviews from people in the same country as you? Its actually a real pain as even in the developer tools you get a separate review list per country and have to patch it together to get a real picture. Luckily some independent tools have popped up to automate it like App Annie. I can kind of understand that you wouldn't want to see German/Japanese reviews if you speak English but I don't see the reason for splitting English speaking countries up. If you live in New Zealand you don't get to see many reviews!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Did you also know you can change your apple account to any country you like to purchase a game? For some reason the US store is the last to get games when they come out? I often switch my account to Canadian so I don't have to wait a day or two to get the games you want. Even tho I don't understand Japanese or French I can log onto their stores and make a purchase. You would think a person who has the name v for Vegas would be from American or a person named Paris guy would be from France and not the UK .
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I still question the above posters creditability. And that's the most civil I can be.

If someone disagrees with you, that doesn't automatically mean they have no credibility, which is what you seem to be suggesting. Calling people out as a result of a forum discussion doesn't seem civil to me. Let's bury the hatchet and move on.

With all that said, I've yet to work with a developer who truly feels that their AI is the equal of a good wargamer. Most experienced wargamers can beat any AI developed to date with enough practice, the only question is how long it will take them. The best "AIs" give most wargamers a great challenge for a while. It's great when an AI can give you a run for your money, but that's usually a combination of good "AI" as well as complementary scenario and game design in the ideal synergy to create a great challenge.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/1 ... more-27990

A very public review of Drive on Moscow describing the same faults with the AI.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Never heard of that site mainly because it seems to be more of a computer game xbox and playstation review site. While mobile tablet games seem to be more of a side show. Funny how reading the user comments most of whom disagree with the authors assessment of the game.
ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/1 ... more-27990

A very public review of Drive on Moscow describing the same faults with the AI.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
DTomato

Post by DTomato »

I've been looking to do an online Drive on Moscow. How do you find opponents?
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Hi. Sign up in Game Center . My name is rogo727 so add me . You pick the side but it won't be till Sunday before I can play.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

It's very good. I got it and Lords of Waterdeep in the same mini-spree.

About Lords of Waterdeep;
Have you actually beaten the game on easy? I've played maybe 12 games and have yet to win once, although my last game I was only beaten by 2. I was glad to see an AI that can give me a challenge but, tbh, I'm getting a little frustrated. Easy it aint.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Return to “General Discussion”