New tool : Script editor

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Ronald Wendt

New tool : Script editor

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

today we give you a new tool to edit the campaign and scenario scripts.

Its now all done by clicks rather that programming xml. Except for your own texts, there is no further need for typing.

Please note:

This is a beta version and potentially contains bugs and glitches. The first official version will be released with the 1.04 update of the game.

Any remarks, bug reports and suggestions are warmly welcome.

Get the editor here:

Germany at War Editor

and have fun creating.

Regards
76mm

RE: New tool : Script editor

Post by 76mm »

I don't have the game yet and was wondering what can be done with this editor? When you say it allows us to edit campaign and scenario scripts it sounds like you're referring to AI scripts, or is it something else?

Can it be used to revise units, unit placement, etc. in saved games, or does all of that have to be done in an xml file?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello 76mm,
ORIGINAL: 76mm

I don't have the game yet and was wondering what can be done with this editor? When you say it allows us to edit campaign and scenario scripts it sounds like you're referring to AI scripts, or is it something else?

Can it be used to revise units, unit placement, etc. in saved games, or does all of that have to be done in an xml file?

you can edit units, but only to a certain degree. You cannot change their basic values, but add support units, increase experience etc.

You can trigger events, like if brigde A is not occupied by the Germans in turn 4, it will be blown, making it impossible for tanks to cross a river.

Or you can have reinforcements enter a scenario on a certain action or turn. E.g. the Germans cross a river and the Stavka releases a combat group as a reaction - this can be seen in the Smolensk scenario.
There are plenty such things that can be done with the combination of actions.

You can completely edit existing maps and their values this way, make translations as the editor supports German and English (that could be expanded to other languages, if the game supports it) and tons of other stuff.

The editor also supports campaign values, so those can the done there, too.

Here is a screenshot of the editor:

Attachments
Editor_v1.jpg
Editor_v1.jpg (189.49 KiB) Viewed 210 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

not been playing for a while now after finishing it once, regarding the editor, is it all done now, if so i'll pop game back on and have a play, ty Ronald, still a great game btw, just time issues as always as i'm busy else where atm on beta on the forums, but will get back and try the editor if its all done...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello zakblood,
ORIGINAL: zakblood

not been playing for a while now after finishing it once, regarding the editor, is it all done now, if so i'll pop game back on and have a play, ty Ronald, still a great game btw, just time issues as always as i'm busy else where atm on beta on the forums, but will get back and try the editor if its all done...

well we are not sure what you mean with "all done".

The state is:

- the editor(s) offer(s) all functions to alter and expand existing maps and campaigns and to create your own.
- there are a lot cf examples included in 1.05 that show the way (e.g. a whole tutorial on campaigns)
- Phobetor is at hand with any questions that arise :-)
- the editors are not ideal, but there is also no feedback on them from the users yet

And as to time: yes we all got time and priorities and we respect the choices others make. But of course we are happy if GaW is on top of your list again.
We have a feeling that with 1.06 and some other things to come, this will be the case. [:D]

Regards,
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Please note:

This is a beta version

^^that bit^^ made me think and question the post above...

ah ok, thought it was still work in progress so that's why i asked, will have to install the game back again and have a look myself, thought i'd ask first, ty for the reply and i'll load it back up and give it a try, as i want to mod one myself[;)]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello zakblood,
ORIGINAL: zakblood
as i want to mod one myself[;)]

looking forward to that. And remember you can always ask if there is trouble.

Regards,
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ok ty for the replies, still a great game btw, looking forward to what ever your doing next as well[;)]

[&o][&o][&o]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi guys,

of course we also hone our tools on a regular bases. So the next version of the editor will have better usability, new features and some treats like unit graphics being displayed. Here is a little preview:

Attachments
EditorUnitImages_1.jpg
EditorUnitImages_1.jpg (220.6 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”