Questions....On the fence

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

Titanwarrior89

Questions....On the fence

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thinking about buying but....

1.How many turns in the game....don't mind a Long games....just don't want a short one with building time chrunched up. So 300,400,600 turns?

2.Does terrain benefit the defender?

3.Map editor?

4.Can you setup the game where the AI will Not set up next door....gives more time to expand?

Thanks
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Titanwarrior89

RE: Questions....On the fence

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

All Righty then...[>:]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Yeah, this is an awfully quiet forum for a brand new release.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Yeah, this is an awfully quiet forum for a brand new release.
[&o][:)]

TableTop66

Post by TableTop66 »

I'm sitting on the fence too with regards to buying the game, it looks interesting.

Try your questions at slitherine's forums Titanwarrior89 it's looks to be a bit more active than here.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=173
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

ORIGINAL: Old Gamer 66

I'm sitting on the fence too with regards to buying the game, it looks interesting.

Try your questions at slitherine's forums Titanwarrior89 it's looks to be a bit more active than here.

doesn't look to be. thread with the most replies is a steam thread. the manual thread here is threatening it but still a few posts short. really need to combine them. having the community split up doesn't help at all.
eyegore

Post by eyegore »

Thinking about buying but....

1.How many turns in the game....don't mind a Long games....just don't want a short one with building time chrunched up. So 300,400,600 turns?

You can set victory conditions...or set no victory conditions...and set pace up to marathon...which effects both research and production.
2.Does terrain benefit the defender?
Not Sure. however I have research tech that has given bonus's to the player within his borders.

3.Map editor?
Nope. There is no premade maps either--which probably means even the devs don't have one.

4.Can you setup the game where the AI will Not set up next door....gives more time to expand?
No more nor less than a typical Civ game. You can go huge maps with islands and likely end up on one alone but on a med size map with continents you may see someone right next door.There are no options for "set A.I. players at a distance" however being in XML I can see a mod doing exactly that.

Thanks
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thank ya Mr. EyeGore
ORIGINAL: CptHowdy

doesn't look to be. thread with the most replies is a steam thread. the manual thread here is threatening it but still a few posts short. really need to combine them. having the community split up doesn't help at all.

TableTop66

Post by TableTop66 »

HI, CptHowdy I was only trying to help Titanwarrior89, not split up the community as you suggest.

Lots of gamers are registered with more than one Forum.

The developers of the game are answering questions in all forums, although asking the same question in different forums is not always a good idea, sooner or later someone is going to flame you.

I buy all my games from Matrix Games, combining games and expansions my list has reached 20 purchases in all.

If I suggested to someone to buy there game some where else because the forums were not very active that could then that could be suggested I was splitting the community,

But I will never do that.

Cheers

CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

HI, CptHowdy I was only trying to help Titanwarrior89, not split up the community as you suggest.

Lots of gamers are registered with more than one Forum.

The developers of the game are answering questions in all forums, although asking the same question in different forums is not always a good idea, sooner or later someone is going to flame you.

I buy all my games from Matrix Games, combining games and expansions my list has reached 20 purchases in all.

If I suggested to someone to buy there game some where else because the forums were not very active that could then that could be suggested I was splitting the community,

But I will never do that.

Cheers

nah never suggested you were splitting the community. I do think it's bad form on the part of slitherine/matrix since one owns the other. really no need for two forums. a lot of these games are developed by 1-2 guys, why have them running around answering questions? consolidate.
TableTop66

Post by TableTop66 »

ORIGINAL: CptHowdy
nah never suggested you were splitting the community. I do think it's bad form on the part of slitherine/matrix since one owns the other. really no need for two forums. a lot of these games are developed by 1-2 guys, why have them running around answering questions? consolidate.

Yes your right CptHowdy consolidate they should. Bringing all gamers to one forum or purchase site makes more sense than maintaining two sites for the same games.

Pooling questions, knowledge, resources to one site makes much more sense.

Cheers mate [:)]

Take Care
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

Does a city's radius expand? If so, how far?
eyegore

Post by eyegore »

Yes they do, as long as you have the food. You can even pick what tile the city expands to inside the city view. This is set up as "pick next tile" so you need to do this before your population grows to increase the city...unlike Civ5 where you actually purchase the tiles anytime you have the money. You can see when a city is about to expand the same as in Civ games, on the city icon that displays how many more turns before it happens.

Return to “Pandora Series”