A Few Database Corrections

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Pielstick

A Few Database Corrections

Post by Pielstick »

First of all good job to the devs I'm having a lot of fun with CMANO.

I'm a marine engineer with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and as such took quite some interest in the database entries for the RFA vessels included. I noticed a few errors and omission you might want to correct:

Wave Class AO - Max speed is 22 knots (23 on a good day with a clean hull) and not the 18 knots in the database. The Wave class is not fitted with 20mm GAM-BO1, instead it has 2x 30mm DS30B cannons. These vessels are also routinely fitted with 2x Phalanx CIWS.

Fort Grange Class AFSH - You might want to update these as in summer 2013 Fort Austin was fitted with two Phalanx CIWS and a Type 2070 towed torpedo decoy. Fort Rosalie (re-named from Fort Grange) will eventually get the same modifications. Propulsion engine for this class is a single Sulzer 8RND90 slow speed diesel engine.

Bay Class LSDA - Also fit to receive Phalanx CIWS (fitted to vessels deployed east of Suez).

Are there any plans to add the new Tide Class tankers to the UK database? I also see the database is missing the various Leaf Class tankers that were used by the RFA from the 1960's through to the present. In particular the current Leaf Class (Appleleaf, Brambleleaf, Bayleaf, Orangeleaf) which have seen extensive service from the Falklands through to all the various happenings in the Middle East. Pretty important ships the Royal Navy wouldn't have gotten very far without in the last 30 years or so.
incredibletwo

RE: A Few Database Corrections

Post by incredibletwo »

+1
"Fortune favours the bold"
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

The info you can offer is very welcome Pielstick, may i suggest that you look at the stickied Database threads in the Mods and Scenarios subforum.

You better make database requests there, the Devs are pretty busy and may overlook posts here.
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: Pielstick

First of all good job to the devs I'm having a lot of fun with CMANO.

I'm a marine engineer with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and as such took quite some interest in the database entries for the RFA vessels included. I noticed a few errors and omission you might want to correct:

Wave Class AO - Max speed is 22 knots (23 on a good day with a clean hull) and not the 18 knots in the database. The Wave class is not fitted with 20mm GAM-BO1, instead it has 2x 30mm DS30B cannons. These vessels are also routinely fitted with 2x Phalanx CIWS.

Fort Grange Class AFSH - You might want to update these as in summer 2013 Fort Austin was fitted with two Phalanx CIWS and a Type 2070 towed torpedo decoy. Fort Rosalie (re-named from Fort Grange) will eventually get the same modifications. Propulsion engine for this class is a single Sulzer 8RND90 slow speed diesel engine.

Bay Class LSDA - Also fit to receive Phalanx CIWS (fitted to vessels deployed east of Suez).

Are there any plans to add the new Tide Class tankers to the UK database? I also see the database is missing the various Leaf Class tankers that were used by the RFA from the 1960's through to the present. In particular the current Leaf Class (Appleleaf, Brambleleaf, Bayleaf, Orangeleaf) which have seen extensive service from the Falklands through to all the various happenings in the Middle East. Pretty important ships the Royal Navy wouldn't have gotten very far without in the last 30 years or so.

Updated Wave Class as per request. Leaving the scenario designer to arm the ship with CWIS might be best as the weapon isn't carried all the time?

Updated Fort Grange engine name, thanks! Went looking for a photo with the CWIS fitted (to determine arcs) but came up empty handed. Do you have a photo of this fit? In any case might leave the CWIS fit up to the scenario designer to add?

Bay Class - ditto on the CWIS? Plkease advice.

Added a request for Tide Class and Leaf Class and assigned to myself. If you know any good sources please post up as that saves us quite a bit of time on research, and we might actually be able to get all the details right on the first attempt.

Thanks! [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”