WitP:AE 2

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rison

WitP:AE 2

Post by Rison »

So where are we are on WitP:AE 2? [:D]

Thanks in advance

Chad
Terminus

RE: WitP:AE 2

Post by Terminus »

No.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No.

You always make me laugh with your explicit answers.

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

No.

You always make me laugh with your explicit answers.

The question might better be where is Matrix/Slitherine on an AE2? I imagine the answer to that is close-held, also explicit, and more than one word long.
The Moose
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

I'm not getting any younger. Hint, hint.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Don't hold your breath, although a better GUI would be nice.
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

I am not holding my breath.

I just hope they don't take it in an odd direction, or do something stupid. I say that after having visited healthcare.gov over the last three days on behalf of a family member.

My advice: take your time. This version of AE is not growing old.

Regards,
Feltan
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

I'm not getting any younger. Hint, hint.

Tell me about it. [8D]
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Not trying to start yet another b-fest, but as I look at their recent mega-offerings I see one modern $100 game with a huge number of fixes in motion, another decade-in-development monster that shipped with no AI and a score of optional features greyed out on the load screen and a statement many would never be finished, and a 4X game shipped in alpha state with a "help us fund this unfinished product" pitch to real-life retail buyers. AE2 has a built in, massive buyer base and could sustain a $150 price point and not break a sweat. They're pretty bad at game publishing if they're not always, every month, talking about doing this project.
The Moose
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Not trying to start yet another b-fest, but as I look at their recent mega-offerings I see one modern $100 game with a huge number of fixes in motion, another decade-in-development monster that shipped with no AI and a score of optional features greyed out on the load screen and a statement many would never be finished, and a 4X game shipped in alpha state with a "help us fund this unfinished product" pitch to real-life retail buyers. AE2 has a built in, massive buyer base and could sustain a $150 price point and not break a sweat. They're pretty bad at game publishing if they're not always, every month, talking about doing this project.
$150 price point? You are nuts!

Sure, some would buy. But many would not.
mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Actually, if it really corrected all the player's perceived problems with WITP-AE, almost all of us would. The problem is that almost all of us have a different list of "perceived problems". [:D]
House Stark

Post by House Stark »

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

Actually, if it really corrected all the player's perceived problems with WITP-AE, almost all of us would. The problem is that almost all of us have a different list of "perceived problems". [:D]
This. AE is a very, very good game. If they improved it significantly in such a way that made most players happy, the fan base would migrate over the course of a couple years. Because while $150 is a lot of money for a game, it would still be a great deal considering the hours that will be spent playing it.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

With the direction Matrix have taken lately I put 10 bucks on that the next AE game will be a Ipad version. [8|]

Rison

Post by Rison »

Just to be clear, WitP:AE is great - loving the constant beta patches from Michael.

But, I just wanted to see if the dev's are ready to start sharing details on WitP:AE 2 [:D]
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Just wondering if you could share a link or anything where this is even being considered? My understanding is that other than Micheal's work, no further development on AE is being done at all.

Which makes sense since Gary et el are busy tring to get WitW 43-45 out the door and then WitE 2.0. So unless someone else took over Gray's work, which is always possible, but I would doubt, I cannot see how a new version of AE is even being thought about, much less actively worked on behind the scenes.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

Given enough heads up for that price point I bet 60%-80% of the current WitP-AE players would buy it at $150. Maybe not right at release, but within 3-6 months. I know I would. WitP-AE has had more support than some operating systems for bugs and features. Just add up how many hours you spend playing the game, thinking about it, making spreadsheets and plans for your next few moves and I bet at $150 for the game you would still be below $0.01 per hour invested into the game very quick. I know I am way below that amount and I don't play the game hard like some people here do....
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: Rison

Just to be clear, WitP:AE is great - loving the constant beta patches from Michael.

But, I just wanted to see if the dev's are ready to start sharing details on WitP:AE 2 [:D]

There's no such thing. No dev team. No product.

How's that for details?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

OK, for you meester, $139.99! Or, a coat and two paira plants![:)]
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Rison

There's no such thing. No dev team. No product.

How's that for details?

I didn't know you went to all the management meetings at Matrix. The air fares must be killer.
The Moose
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Ooh, snarky![8|]

First, it's Sliterine now, not Matrix.

Second, there's only one active team that'd be able to take on a project of that magnitude, and they're working on something else.

Thirdly, no AE 2.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”