DBB-B Need help installing

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pnzrgnral

DBB-B Need help installing

Post by pnzrgnral »

First: I've been playing DBB-A for some time, and I find it's fantastic - kudos to all who've worked on it! Recently, I decided to go bigger and do DBB-B with extended map and stacking limits. On to...

Second: I downloaded the appropriate files from the Babes website, moved the original files to a new folder, unzipped all the files to appropriate folders, etc. Scen 28. Then I started a new game, ran it twice when I saw the following problem:

All the map graphics loaded successfully (new trails and such), but none of the new bases showed up - e.g. Subic Bay, Shortlands, etc. Subic Bay Defenses LCU remained at Clark. So, I need some assistance in identifying what I did wrong, or failed to do; I'm really, really sure I loaded all files correctly, but maybe I did the idiot equivalent and forgot to plug the power cord into the wall socket...

Thanks for any help!
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
Symon

RE: DBB-B Need help installing

Post by Symon »

DBB-A scenario 28 version is for the stock map and doesn't have the extra bases in it. To get the bases that fit the extended map you need to make sure you download the DBB-B scenario 28 version. You can check it by looking for Subic Bay in the Locations tab using the editor. [:)]
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
pnzrgnral

RE: DBB-B Need help installing

Post by pnzrgnral »

Thanks, appreciate the input. Seems my attempt to copy the scenario files and overwrite DBB-A files went astray; so I deleted the DBB-A files in the SCEN folder, copied DBB-B files and VOILA! The scenario actually WAD. Damn but I love this game - and the Babes makes it so much better.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”