Chinese LCU Respwan

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

lst1544

Chinese LCU Respwan

Post by lst1544 »

If all of China has been taken by Japan what city needs to recaptured for Chinese units to start respawning?
Bullwinkle58

RE: Chinese LCU Respwan

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Chungking.
The Moose
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Chungking.

or Chengtu.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Chengtu or Chungking. You may also liberate both.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I have been told that Chinese units can still spawn in other places (like India) if china is completely overrun. Can someone confirm / deny such vicious rumors ?

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I have been told that Chinese units can still spawn in other places (like India) if china is completely overrun. Can someone confirm / deny such vicious rumors ?

I deny them.
The Moose
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

I deny them.

Do some Chinese units spawn normally in India ? Maybe air units ?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

I deny them.

Do some Chinese units spawn normally in India ? Maybe air units ?

Look at the queues. The answer is there.

Edit: Took my own advice. One small HQ ('X' Force) arrives in India in 1943. That's it, at least for Scenario 2. Go crazy.
The Moose
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Look at the queues. The answer is there.

Edit: Took my own advice. One small HQ ('X' Force) arrives in India in 1943. That's it, at least for Scenario 2. Go crazy.

I don't normally load an allied turn - its Japan or nothing for this guy :) But thanks for looking... My plans for China will continue to move forward.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

There are some reinforcements that don't spawn at Chungking. I think there's an HQ unit that spawns early-ish at Kunming? And some that arrive at Paoshan?

But by and large, the Chinese arrive at Chungking. And all of the respawns arrive there.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Respawn is one thing and no Japanese unit will respawn at any place but Chungking. As soon as I recaptured it in 1945, I got 10,000 AV back in Chinese units. (Not that I needed them anymore) No Chinese troops arrive or respawn outside of China under any circumstances. (Correction, I had two HQ respawn, one at the West Coast and one at Aden. Both static and unable to be moved. Bug) Not only will your troops respawn but all lost air units as well. Reinforcements are different and will only come on when you take the Chinese city that they were slated to arrive at.

Chinese units anywhere on the map will take replacements. I "long marched" a number of shattered units to Ledo and rebuilt them there. A few Chinese units are unrestricted and can be bought out with PP and flown to India.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Ok, I need some clarification on the Chinese units' respawn. The previous post left me confused.

As I understand only destroyed Chinese infantry units will respawn in Chungking or Chengtu in 30 days after their intitial destruction. They should arrive at 30% of their TOE, though I have seen infantry units arrive at 15% TOE and composed entirely of squad devices.

Artillery, AA, HQs and BFs do not respawn. Once they are destroyed, they are as good as lost forever. Is this correct?

Can destroyed Chinese air groups respawn using the same respawning function as the infantry?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

For sure HQs respawn.
The Moose
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I've had some of my Chinese Corps re-spawn at Chungking with over 200 Support Squads, but less than 50 Rifle Squads. I thought it was suppose to be at 1/3 strength which would mean over 200 Rifle Squads. Was there a change somewhere in a Beta that I've overlooked or memo I misses?? At work now so I cannot post screenshot but getting them back so depleted is really hurting my ability to resist in China.
[center]Image[/center]
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Really don't know. All of my infantry units re-spawned at the 1/3 TOE levels. It might be a bug. HQs will respawn as well. Air units will not.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I've had some of my Chinese Corps re-spawn at Chungking with over 200 Support Squads, but less than 50 Rifle Squads. I thought it was suppose to be at 1/3 strength which would mean over 200 Rifle Squads. Was there a change somewhere in a Beta that I've overlooked or memo I misses?? At work now so I cannot post screenshot but getting them back so depleted is really hurting my ability to resist in China.

I just checked both my games and re-spawning units are all over the place on squads. The manual says "1/3 TOE", but it doesn't say 1/3 of each device line. It could be a total load cost thing or similar.

Looking though, I'd say some of them are at 1/3 of the actual TOE they died at. That would not, strictly speaking, violate the literal English of the manual, although it would seem to in spirit. Or in Allied players' hopes. [:)]
The Moose
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I just checked both my games and re-spawning units are all over the place on squads. The manual says "1/3 TOE", but it doesn't say 1/3 of each device line. It could be a total load cost thing or similar.

Looking though, I'd say some of them are at 1/3 of the actual TOE they died at. That would not, strictly speaking, violate the literal English of the manual, although it would seem to in spirit. Or in Allied players' hopes. [:)]

It is my hope, and my suspicion, that they respawn at 1/3 of the strength at which they died. At least that would make more sense than 1/3 load cost spawn, because that could get really wacky. 1/3 of died-at strength at least is intuitive!
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

If you are using the official patch, Infantry units should respawn with 1/3 of all their devices.
If you are using one of the later beta patches, they should respawn with 1/3 of their squad type devices.
There are some corps that have only 162 squads as their maximum.
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

Manual states "the unit is set to return to Chungking 30 days later at 1/3 of it’s TO&E strength." If it is re-spawning at 1/3 of its destroyed strength that is a deviation from the manual (however, the stray apostrophe means I won't trust the manual in this case).
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

It's in the Feb. 2014 beta notes that it's only squad devices.

Edit: except it isn't doing that. I've got 69th Corps in the re-spawn queue in one of my games. In a Scen 2 start, the unit begins on 12/8/41 with Infantry at (29) x44. It is due to re-spawn with Infantry at (0) x6.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”