Shipping when?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

smittyohio90

RE: Shipping when?

Post by smittyohio90 »

I received a shipping notice on the 13th, and it says the estimated delivery is tomorrow, but so far it has not updated the tracking one bit. Still says "shipping information sent to fedEx". Is anyone else in the same boat? Anyone receive theirs and never get a status update?
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Wow $57.00. Well at you got your Manuals and Maps. Hang e'm on the Wall.[:)]
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Hondo

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Parcel arrived this morning. Books are presented beautifully - full colour, hard-backed tomes. Maps are totally impractical - but boy do they look good!!

Being in the UK myself, and having not ordered the game yet, I'm curious to know whether you managed to avoid detection by HMCE? I will probably end up buying two copies if I buy any (one for my regular gaming buddy), so I would like to be able to estimate the cost.

warspite1

The shipping cost was $57. Is that what you mean?
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

ORIGINAL: chekers

Holy crap, everybody over in the EU is getting there packages already and I'm sitting here in the US religiously checking the tracking and only seeing estimated delivery Thursday. Facedesk.

Same here on Thursday. Two weeks to the day. Ohio.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: smittyohio2

I received a shipping notice on the 13th, and it says the estimated delivery is tomorrow, but so far it has not updated the tracking one bit. Still says "shipping information sent to fedEx". Is anyone else in the same boat? Anyone receive theirs and never get a status update?

Same crap with me I will never use fedex if I can help it. The pony express was much faster.

Bo
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: bo

Same crap with me I will never use fedex if I can help it. The pony express was much faster.

Bo

I don't know if this applies, but talking to my shipping people at the college where I work explained that FedEx and FedEx ground are really two different entities for their purposes. They love FedEx. FedEx Ground? Let's just say they don't love them.
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

Mine just arrived today (Australia), 19th November. Books and CD (not ordered maps). Value also totalled '40'. No extra Customs charge this end.
It's a Christmas present for me (better than begging the wife for the game as an extra cost now, as the credit card would take a hammering in revenge - LOL!).
On checking out the books - they are fantastic quality. Well done Matrix!
FYI, I ordered the day after release, shipping notice indicated sent 14 Nov, and should be received before 20 November. So receipt date was spot on.
They are well worth the wait - just hang on in there[;)]
Texashawk

Post by Texashawk »

Yep. Supposed to be delivered today, but according to FexEx it hasn't even left the warehouse.
Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

"With a cloud of dust and a Hi Ho Silver the Pony Exspress Arrived"[X(][&o][:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

Rorschachnor

Post by Rorschachnor »

Norway
Arrived by delivery on my front door at noon, today 19.11
Ordered on launch. I could track the parcel for a few days as it left the US .
No extra customs claim except the up front cash.
Very happy with the books! Finally something worth reading again without it being a *.pdf [:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

US shipping is with FedEx ground or Priority Mail (if needed for PO Boxes and Hawaii). Just as reliable, but time dependent based on your proximity to the warehouse. However, that's also why US shipping cost $9-$12. International customers paid $40-$60 for shipping, but best prices we could get for them were via FedEx Air. That is in some cases why shipments from the warehouse to outside the US are arriving first, as air shipment is faster even over longer distances than ground shipment.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Parcel arrived this afternoon! [:D]

Very nice looking manuals, well done! And no extra charges whatsoever!
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
Texashawk

Post by Texashawk »

Well, well, well.... The books came today, as promised. Maybe there's a glitch in the tracking system. It shows STILL in the warehouse... maybe I'll get 2 copies??? :-P

Anyway... these books are amazing. Best. Manuals. Ever.

Steve
Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

mine are supposed to hit here in Louisiana tomorrow.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

scout1

Post by scout1 »

Just got mine today ..... You're going to like these puppies ..... Bindings look like college text books ...
Can remember going through the SPI rulebooks for their massive games .... never so well done, but enjoyed being able to review them at length ..... Kinda associated with the days of old with massive maps and counters .....
Rainsong94

Post by Rainsong94 »

I received my books today as well in Los Angeles. I've been gaming for 30 years and I can't recall a better manual for a game. Not only are the physical qualities of the book great, but the content and how it is written is superb. It is written conversational style and extremely readable, thank goodness for that because this is a very complex game. Well done Steve and his crew.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I agree[;)]
ORIGINAL: Rorschachnor

Norway
Arrived by delivery on my front door at noon, today 19.11
Ordered on launch. I could track the parcel for a few days as it left the US .
No extra customs claim except the up front cash.
Very happy with the books! Finally something worth reading again without it being a *.pdf [:)]

smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

ORIGINAL: Texashawk

Well, well, well.... The books came today, as promised. Maybe there's a glitch in the tracking system. It shows STILL in the warehouse... maybe I'll get 2 copies??? :-P

Anyway... these books are amazing. Best. Manuals. Ever.

Steve

Mine came today also, even though the tracking never updated. "They're real, and they're spec-TAC-u-lar."
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

What am I supposed to do with half a lifetime supply of coffee?
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I love coffee....give me half of your half.[&o]
ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

What am I supposed to do with half a lifetime supply of coffee?

Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

You coming to terms with the game Titan? Barbarossa first.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Return to “World in Flames”